got a good deal on some used subs... tell me how much they'r

dingus

ok, guy from work gave me these subs... i'm gonna give him some money for them, but i'm not sure how much yet. it's 2 JBL GTseries 12" subs in a truck box (real thin, for behind a pickup seat...) i'm not sure how old they are, but the rubber is still flexible and they seem pretty good. any ideas? pic of one of the logos (crappy webcam pic, but its better than nothing):

logo text goes:
"GTseries"
"Made in USA"
"JBL"

image-missing.png

edited by: dingus, Feb 20, 2003 - 09:43 PM[addsig]

i'd pay no more than $50, might be worth more... i just don't like jbl

edited by: Snitty, Feb 21, 2003 - 03:44 AM[addsig]

id give him like 50-75. i kinda avoid used subs unless i know something about how the previous owner used them, is he givin you any wiring or an amp or anyting either? and ask him how old they are just for kicks, id come up with some kinda deal to like if they suck or are blown or something you get to kick him in the nuts or something, that way he doesnt try to shaft you. but id say always under 100 on used subs.
[addsig]

Subs would go good with my head unit! heheheh if I get it. Put em on eBay so we all get a shot at em. Tug I wish I had room for subs.[addsig]

Is the box ported? A pair of 12" subs need alot of air. I wouldn't pay any more than $50.00 AND I'd install them in your Jeep and listen to them before I'd hand over ANY money.[addsig]

I dont know the guy you're buying them from so it may be a good deal I dont know. They are truck speakers right? Does he own a truck? If not how did he get them and why? My concern is why is he selling them?

1. Is there something wrong with them?
2. Are they stolen?
3. If they are stolen now he knows that you have them in your vehicle.
4. Recieving stolen property is just as bad as stealing in the eyes of the law.

edited by: GEAH, Feb 20, 2003 - 06:20 PM[addsig]

If you even think they may or may not be stolen get a bill of sale on em. That way if they are you have an out if they are stolen. The Blame will shift to the seller. Tug[addsig]

There is NO market for used stereo equipment. Think about how many times the speaker goes in and out over the course of a day. now after 3-4 years thats alot of movement and wear. While you might not be able to notice the wear by touching you will notice in crisptness. When I re-do my stereo systems in my cars I sell my old high end equipment cheap. I wouldnt pay more than $20 for the speakers. Look at the box if it is plywood with carpet stapled or glued to it its not worth anything. Thats junk. If its a good soild wood box the box alone for 2 - 12s is worth $20-30. Definitely install it first, to make sure they work fine and drive them around for a couple days. If I was in that situation and was giving them to a friend. I wouldnt want money....just a few beers next time we went out.[addsig]

they ARE stolen, he told me. i have them in my possession now, and i will be hooking them up to hear them before buying them. i already have an amp and all the wiring. i'm looking to buy these because i have SONY XPLODE sub right now, which sucks nuts.

-nate[addsig]

That aint right! Was he the one that stole them? If so, I'd kick his @$$. I hate thieves. Plus, why buy them from him, they weren't paid for. Except by the original owner, that now has to buy another set.[addsig]

Dingus....that is weak. I hope you are kidding. Total credability shock if you are serious. Just think how you would feel if someone messed with your jeep. Very weak[addsig]

they ARE stolen, he told me. i have them in my possession now, and i will be hooking them up to hear them before buying them.

If you are not joking then you are as bad as the person that sold them to you. People who mess with other peoples vehicles are the lowest form of scum. There wouldnt be a market for stolen parts if people like you didnt buy them. [addsig]

SPEAKERS ?....... oh man Nate, you got my hopes up!!! Here I am getting all hungry, see this post about "subs", and I'm thinking sandwiches. LOL

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

id buy them man. give him like 30 bucks for them, hes gonna wanna get them off his hands so he should be willing to deal. good luck with them ~ peace[addsig]

Careful Dingus, returning used items in new boxes and dealing in hot speakers you may get flamed. :-D Heck all I did was tell someone to go for some free cable and I got the right act. :-? Hehehehehe Tug Sorry that was not nice![addsig]

#1- F()(&@ the man. The law that is. The law is corrupt...sorry bounty hunter....but many of the man are on the take. So long story short...I invite all officials to have sex with theirselves. #2...If you put that crap in your Jeep...feel free to join the pigs. Yours truly... :evil: :p [addsig]

Back