Grandpa?

Congradulations Mike! My grandson will have his first birthday in one month. It has been a great year! When my daughter told her mother (she wouldn't tell me) she was expecting I was less than thrilled, I was down right p***ed. It was during this time I figured out why it takes 9 months to have a kid, by the time he got here, I felt truly blessed. He has even helped me work on the jeep twice already, mostly he just sits beside me and chews on rocks, but it is the moral support that counts, right! I JUST HOPE I WILL ALWAYS BE AS COOL AS HE THINKS I AM! And Mike, I am 42, you will be just fine buddy!

Last edited:
Thanks to you guy's and gal's , it's starting to grow on me. Are they supposed to be moody?, or is it just my daughter? :eek::shock:

Well? are they grumpy and moody?:shock: I just got home about 30 mins. ago and i noticed my daughters car on my driveway. She's was a little grumpy when i walked in my house. This is a learning experience for me.

LOL, better get used to that for a while. A little late, but Congratulations on the "Soon to be" Grand-pappy honors. lol Spoil them, give em' lots of candy and sugar before you send them home. ;)

Had a happy one, and a grumpy one....just keep your distance...throw doughnuts (or cash) wait it out!! Lol

Remember when your wife was pregnant with them oh so many decades, oops I mean century's, ago? The morning sickness, the mood swings, and then the cravings... you should get the picture.

Nope! i dont remember a thing. The only thing that seems to be locked on my memory right now is when my wife give's me this " i want to hit your head with a skillet" look when she found out that i sent my .45 colt to an engraver for some fancy scroll work. In my defense, i have already sent it out before i found out that i was going to be a grandpa.:shock:. Off to the dog house i go!:evil:. I gott'a say though, since my daughter is feeding two people in one body, we don't have any leftovers for dinner when she come's to visit.:D. As a matter of fact, there's not much food left in my house when she leaves:lol:.

And of course during this time, men have only 2 faults

Everything they say & Everything they do.

Good Luck Mikey....some hard months ahead...:D

ps...I have a spare room here for you and your Jeep, not only will it put you out the house but on a differnt continent..:D:D

LOL, thanks i'll keep that in mind when my wife figures out how to open the gun safe and start loading. I've done my fair share on traveling to different continents but i never have been there. The closest i've come to getting there was during the desert storm deployment. I was bumped due to a status change. I don't think my dogs would mind if i took the botom level since they are the one's who usually wakes me up for food in the morning.

If getting you and your jeep over seas for a small vacation seems a little out of your price range I could offer a closer location.
Utah is very picturesque this time of year, we have a queen sized bed in the spare bed room, and we have a Moab trip planned in the wings for your jeep.

Man, i would love to go but we already have made plans for this years vacation to Vegas. My son is graduating this year and we promised him that we will take him to go see the the UFC fight with anderson silva and if all works as planned, i'm hoping that my brother can get us a special pass for the UFC training center so my son can watch them train. This is also my time to visit with my mom that i haven't seen for 3 yrs exept talk to her on the phone. My wife is also going to visit with her family there. I wish that someday we can all meet together on a wheeling party with our family's and friends. I love the fact that most of us here are family oriented people and we are not just another forum. Thank's for the invite, it means a lot to me.

Back