HEI electrical problems

SenorCole86

Hello guys, I've got a problem. I've got no spark, it happened right when I hit a speedbump in the the Ace Hardware parking lot the other day. It just died. I checked all the components in the distributor and even took the module to O'Riely's to get it tested, and they said it was good. The voltage at the BAT terminal of the dist keeps on fluctuating between 0 and 10 volts. I chcked the wire from the ignition switch all the way to the dist and it was good. The ignition switch came up in good order as well. I know there must have been something I missed along that length of wire or soemthing, I just don't know where. Y'all have any ideas? Some area that's easy to miss and fails often or soemthing? Thanks a lot guys, any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Adios.

Jump your positive wire directly to the battery and try to crank it. It doesn't have to go through the key switch just to test it temporarily.
Otherwise, check your ground.

I figured out what the problem was. Corrosion inside of the fuse block (right where it sandwiches the firewall) had cut off the flow of electricity to the coil. I just cleaned it off and put some anti corrosion gel in there and it works great now. Nothing can me feel stupid like oxygen can make me feel stupid.

Back