Hello from Ohio...

Green89

New guy here. I know my Jeep isn't exactly going to fit in with what everyone thinks she should be (she's mine8)) - she's still a Jeep and (in my opinion) a damn good looking one at that. She fits my personality and my tastes and loves to be driven HARD.

Attachments

• Emgettininthezone.jpg
    Emgettininthezone.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 112

A jeep still has the heart of a jeep welcome to the site from a fellow Ohioan :)

Thanks! Suppose I should add that I'm keeping the AMC 360 while adapting a 2WD 700R4 to it to gain overdrive and lose that heavy TF727. Looking for a front axle that'll work while keeping the six-lug disc brakes and wheels, and that's going to be a heavy fab job. The stock axle is hitting the frame on anything bigger than a crosswalk stripe.

Welcome o our Circe... A Jeep is a Jeep and always will be a Jep, no mater what year and condition. By the way, it looks good to me. I am looking for a mid sixties gladiator truck. No matter what condition.

I personally wouldn't call her nice...;) But I love her and she is definitely improving. I started with a barely driveable $500 beater over three years ago and loved her from the start. I bought her from my sister who missed her '82 so bad she went out and found this one and slowly realized she didn't care for the bucket seats and late dash or taillights (or fake wood). Plus the transmission was junk and the power window regulators were (are) falling apart. A local junkyard has an '83-ish 4-door Cherokee with 5 good manual windows and those will be transplanted this year. I had to replace the fender and header panel from an accident that happened sometime before my sister bought her. The original color is Spinnaker Blue, and I wish she had been refinished in that color, but hey, I still have to finish the bodywork, so...

Last edited:

Hello phil, for your front axle, are you sure its hitting the frame and not your oil pan?? I bet its the pan, you can swap pans if thats the case. you probably know what im saying if you a hotrodder. You should be able to keep you front axle when you switch to 2wd trans.

The clearance to the pan is surprising, even when I retained the original track bar. However, at static height, the axle just touches the bumpstops without crushing against. I will be removing them for the time being but a C-notch is in order, front and rear, although the rear won't need much. I would imagine that anything that solid beating on the oil pan repeatedly would make a horrendous noise, too;)
My only issue with retaining the front axle is the weight of the D44. Other than that... It's not really in the way. With a jig I could cut it out and substitute a new section, and that may wind up being the route I take.

Yeah the 44 would be more weight for sure. I wouldnt mind having that front 44 if you decide to get rid of it. Im in cincinnati, so im close....

I've seen some pretty sick Wagoneers in my day. They look great lifted. I'd restore it.
sg27ox-1.jpg

My dad's first jeep was one if these with a 4 inch lift and running 35s or so. (sizing them up in photographs.) really nice jeeps, you're a lucky man

Back