Hello, Vibrations?

LadyJeep89

I am happy that I finally have a Jeep! :shades:

Now it needs some work. before I start with mods I have got to get rid of the vibration. It starts at around 40mph and only steadily gets worse from there. I swear when you hit 75, the car is going to start vibrating parts off.

The tires that were put on, apparently are pretty old and deteriorating fast. There are literally dents in the tire wall.

Hopefully that fixes most of the problem, if not then i will look at the axles.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Welcome to the Z.

Could be a tire vibration but I'm leaning more towards drivetrain vibration with that 6" lift in your profile. My guess is the rear driveline wasn't setup properly for that much lift.

Does the vibration change depending if you're on or off the gas pedal?

Welcome to the Z.

Could be a tire vibration but I'm leaning more towards drivetrain vibration with that 6" lift in your profile. My guess is the rear driveline wasn't setup properly for that much lift.

Does the vibration change depending if you're on or off the gas pedal?[/QUOTE]

No, no change at all. We are changing to a 4" lift this weekend though.

I actually forgot to add that the vibration before we got it was just a slight hum. The "new" rims and tires were put on earlier that day right before it was driven 3 hours to Winslow to meet us. The 3 hours from Winslow AZ to Phoenix is when it changed drastically.

Last edited:
threw a weigh on the rim? either that, or something was not tightened down and came loose and moved

threw a weigh on the rim? either that, or something was not tightened down and came loose and moved

That is what I thought as well. Hopefully we are getting new rims and tires soon.

One more question. I am new to Jeep. Before the Jeep we had a Subaru and a multitude of Saabs. What are the best part sites?

I prefer quadratec and 4wd. Both have alot of equipment and parts for Jeeps at a reasonable price.

Back