Help me pick a front bumper...

YJ doors for sale - Red / Gray interior and Gray soft top...

ARB. Kevin's looks like a fugitive from a plumbing convention. 8)

mike

RE: Coolant leak from strange place

Trail ready is garbage. They rust and have an improper fit on Zj's.
I say build it yourself.

Or Kevins.

well thanks for everyone's opinion, i guess i have to make a decision. random those were some good pics, i do like the ARB, its old school, but i dunno why everyone is hatin.

TC you brought up a good point, i dont see why it wouldnt, but i've got to get a picture of kevin's to my mechanic and see if it would pass inspection in my state. obviously that gets thrown right out if it doesnt.

and rooster, i do like trail ready, but its generally more expensive than the two i posted.

Is the ARB really "Old School", or ir could it be it's just the "Old Standby"? There is no test like the test of time when it comes to any consumer product.

TC, maybe you're right, its just an old standby, everyone knows what you're going to get with an ARB. its not that it looks old. the thing about kevin's that caught my eye was mainly that it would be different than anything i see in person.

someone else also brought up a good point that they thought with more lift kevin's would look better. but i run 31's right now, hoping for 33's soon, that might still be in the range where the ARB would look less out of place. ah well, the saving continues, i'll make my decision soon enough!

judge09 said:
I like the looks of the ARB bumper better!
yeah, and you know what, the pictures that random posted of hers really helped, i got to see it from different angles and not on a jeep that is huge compared to mine. i really do like the ARB now that i think about it.

Re: RE: Help me pick a front bumper...

I still like the other bumper better.

But I think my dislike of the ARB came from the pic you posted. In doing more research, I saw other examples of the bumper and I think it's pretty sweet. For example, in this pic, looks totally different:
image-missing.png

yeah mingez, the pic you just put up looks awesome. it shows that the ARB, and old standby (TC), still looks great on a lifted rig. and of course, its tough as nails. i'm leaning more and more towards the ARB now.

RE: should this be deleted?

mingez said:
But I think my dislike of the ARB came from the pic you posted. In doing more research, I saw other examples of the bumper and I think it's pretty sweet. For example, in this pic, looks totally different:
image-missing.png

i think he has a point there.. the pic you posted is poo and looks horrible but the one he posted looks awsome - i think i might have to change my vote. i really like the look in the pic mingez posted :D i think it might have been the dullness and the colour in the origional pic :?

chat

I was just curious if your going to replace the rear bumper as well. I dont mind the looks ARB front bumper but hte rear has a lot to be desired. it looks too square on a ZJ that has lots of angle and curves. Kevins has my vote for the complete package.

Back