HELP ME!

carriss

when i go to start my J10 it does NOTHING WHAT could me Wrong? i done every thing i know to do........ HELP ME :-? [addsig]

got Power fromthe battery? Good place as any to start with no more info than we have here. Tug[addsig]

it's a good battery , new seliod, new ingtion switch i don't know what it is good connections , ??? thanx for any help [addsig]

i put the key int the igntion turn it to start and it does NOTHING![addsig]

1980 Jeep j10 258 |-6 , silinode is BRAND NEW :-D [addsig]

Hate to be the one to tell you but your Truck died! hehehehe Sorry thats not funny. Is there a main fuseable link on that modle? tug[addsig]

it's a JEEP it wont die but it like to play dead/ how can you tell if the fuse is Bad?[addsig]

Have you checked to see if you are getting 12v to the ignition? Also check your ground at the silinoid. My buddy had the same problem with a 69 Wag. It turned out that his ground was bad due to some rust.[addsig]

To tell if a fuse is bad,you take it out of the fuse box,look at the fuse,(it should be see threw).There is a little bridge and there should be a little metal peice inside,if it is broken or seperated from the other side of the bridge,the fuse is blown.To avoid blowing fuses dont plug in wet connections to each other,like fog lights that were diconected,I blew a fuse that way and learned the hard way. Hope this helps. :wink: Sully[addsig]

in that case sully the fuse is fine/ what ground to the slinod[addsig]

I had an old dodge that had a ceramic resister mounted to the firewall (around 3" by 5") if this block gets cracked or broken, the car would just die. It happened to me once when I pulled in to get gas. Shut it off, pumped the gas, and it just died. I don't know if you have one of these, you can check. If you do, you can try to bypass it, and when you buy a new one, buy two and keep one in your glove box.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

try another new solenoid i have already bought a bad one they are cheap.[addsig]

2 months down and still not running. Ask a local mechinic to give you a hand! I know that is a cop out but if you need it running after all this time get it going by hook or crook cause summer is a burning away fast. Tug[addsig]

i'm going to try another starter but what it will do i go to turn it over and it clicks and sometimes it doesn't i figer it out soon hopefully in the near furture

Back