HELP!!! Need opinions from all Jeepz folks...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HELP!!! Need opinions from all Jeepz

Hey Twisted, you can always just swap roll bars if you get a 92+. That's what I am doing with my project. I have a 79 CJ7 with the really old sloped roll bar that doesn't go all the way to the floor, and a 95 YJ tub that had the family cage. I got a mid 80's CJ slope back bar to be a little safer but keep the same look. They more or less bolt right up. I think a couple holes had to be re-drilled in the bars themselves, but that was it.

I say sell it too Harry. You seem to have your head on straight about what you feel or don't feel for this jeep and what you want instead. Thanks for asking!

Lady

jay79cj7 said:
Hey Twisted, you can always just swap roll bars if you get a 92+. That's what I am doing with my project. I have a 79 CJ7 with the really old sloped roll bar that doesn't go all the way to the floor, and a 95 YJ tub that had the family cage. I got a mid 80's CJ slope back bar to be a little safer but keep the same look. They more or less bolt right up. I think a couple holes had to be re-drilled in the bars themselves, but that was it.

Good point. The drivetrain is the biggest reason I want to sell it. If I had the time to dive into it right now I'd keep it. It is unbelieveably solid, but lack of time and opportunity to make some cash leave me willing to let it go.

Thanks Jeepz for being the voice of reason. It's as good as gone if he holds to his offer!

On a side note a few weeks ago I bought a super clean used Mercury Sable from my folks. $600 for a 1990 with 86K miles (inspected!) and it gets great gas mileage. With that to get me back and forth to work, I'm thinking I might get some 4.5 RE F&R springs and control arm drop brackets for the XJ with some of the cash from the YJ :twisted: They should run me just over $750 from Jeepin.com but the XJ will be a HOSS!!!

Thinking about it anyhow.

RE: Re: RE: If you promise not to tell....

Better yet, if you don't get the 91 just talk your neighbor into swapping the rollbars with ya after you find the 92-95... but there is nothing like a 91... I'm kinda partial.

RE: In need of vacuum actuator for a 95 yj

TwistedCopper said:
On a side note a few weeks ago I bought a super clean used Mercury Sable from my folks. $600 for a 1990 with 86K miles (inspected!) and it gets great gas mileage. With that to get me back and forth to work, I'm thinking I might get some 4.5 RE F&R springs and control arm drop brackets for the XJ with some of the cash from the YJ :twisted: They should run me just over $750 from Jeepin.com but the XJ will be a HOSS!!!

That's sweet!!! 8) . That's what I need....something that gets good gas mileage :wink: .

RE: Air intake

well I missed Paragon this weekend to get it done, but we worked out a deal for the YJ and the original wheels & tires from my XJ (stock 7" alloy grizzleys and 225x75x15 BFG's). $1700 and it's gone.

Got an offer for my '90 Mercury ($1500) today. Geez it's tempting too, but I really should keep it. I just bought it for $600 a month ago and it gets great gas mileage.

I wish I could do this every time I bought a vehicle, I usually lose my arse on them. Maybe I should sell it and take the $3200 and start looking for another YJ.

RE: 15x7 Jeep wheels

Go for another YJ that runs... And theres your commuter... Albeit, not the best gas mileage, but a lot more fun to drive to work... Besides, you dont strike me as a Sable kinda guy...

RE: 15x7 Jeep wheels

laneiac said:
Besides, you dont strike me as a Sable kinda guy...

hehe, that's what I was thinking too.

$1700....wow, you did good on that one :wink: .So, are you thinking about buying another YJ, or waiting a little while?

88Wrangles said:
laneiac said:
Besides, you dont strike me as a Sable kinda guy...

hehe, that's what I was thinking too.

That's what I say to myself every time I get behind the wheel... it's got all the creature comforts, but I've never cared about that stuff.

RE: tire/wheel size match

I'm going to keep an eye open for a good deal but there's no rush. I do have my XJ ;)

RE: D44 Carrier

TwistedCopper said:
I'm going to keep an eye open for a good deal but there's no rush. I do have my XJ ;)

Ya that's the best way to do it. Always seem to find the best deals and exactly what you want when you're not in any hurry :wink:

RE: More stupid things that people do...

Sell the YJ, sell the Sable, buy new YJ, commute in XJ.

Back