Help on resetting GC Console "Service Soon".

remember5

I've had a couple of jeeps before but just got a '95 GC with the digital display in the center dash that has error codes and a pictogram of the truck. Its flashing 0 miles to service and beeping every few minutes. I don't have an owners manual yet and the Haynes man. is vague as usual. Is there a reset for that message? Thanks.[addsig]

Yes there is a reset button. Its a lot like setting a clock. What you need to to is hold down the "SET" and the "SELECT" button and the same time for like 5 seconds. That should reset the computer for another 3500mi. Thats nice to have, you can just reset it every time you change your oil! If that doesnt work try different combinations of pushing those 2 buttons togeather. That is how you re-set the computer....
image-missing.png
[addsig]

After trying every combination of buttons known to man, I also disconnected the battery, then held the buttons in while I turned the key and viola! 6500 miles to service. Thanks for your help.[addsig]

in my 97 jgc i press and hold the set button[addsig]

I don't have an owner's manual and the haynes manual doesn't break down the listing of error messages, but I now have a "service 4wd switch". Does anyone know which switch they're talking about? [addsig]

Back