Help with value estimate

92briarwood

Hi all. New to this forum. I appreciate your help.

My grandfather was a car collector in GA, but passed away a few years ago.

My father purchased a 1992 Jeep Briarwood at my grandfather's collection auction. I now have the Jeep as an everyday driver, but I drive only about 4,000 miles per year.

My wife an I are expecting our third child in October. I am considering selling the Jeep for a car with more room. My wife drives a minivan, so the sale is not essential, but I've never felt comfortable with the kids in the back seats of the Jeep since there are no headrests. The third child coming here soon seems like a reasonable time to consider a different vehicle for me.

My grandfather was an antique collector, but loved Jeeps. He bought this one because he liked the woodgrain, and it was in mint shape. The Jeep mostly sat in storage while he owned it. It is stock original (except for the radio and speakers, which I have upgraded, though I have the original radio and no damage has been made to the car for installation), and has about 55,000 miles on it. It is hard for me to estimate the value of this thing since it is rare to see a traded value for such an old car in "new" shape.

Questions: 1) any idea of value? 2) how would one sell something like this? Ebay? Autotrader? I can't imagine trading it in to a dealer would not yield the best price.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Edit: sorry, forgot that my dad converted the A/C to the new technology (new freon?), so obviously the A/C is not stock

Last edited:

cherokees don't have a high resale to hte general public. the only way you will get a decent amount of money is if another cherokee person buys it. i paid 2k for my totally stock 87 with 4x4 and 6 cylinder auto in febuary and it has only 130k miles on it.

how old are your kids? you can put headrests in the back seat with a kit and form what i read, some cherokee came with rear headrests. i haven't been able to verify this but i have read it on cherokeeforums.

My 1996 cherokee has 80,000 miles its in great condition. stock everything exept 235 tires instead of the stock 225s, If I were to sell it I would ask no less than 4000. But I would never sell. I will drive it till I die. Becous I know I can fix it myself parts are easy to find and cheap. And the strait 6 will run 4eva.

Back