Help!

sb531

Hey...new to the site...was wondering if anyone had some input. I have an 05 Wrangler X with a 2 inch budget boost and 31's. When I hit 50mph the steering shakes uncontrolably!!!! I have to slow down to about 35 to get it to stop. I've had my sterring damper replaced as well as my alignment reset about a hundred times. Is this a common problem? And what can I do to fix it?

loose or worn control arm bushings worn ball joints worn track bar bushings are usual causes are bushings in good shape? tightened to factory specs?this was the cause on mine didnt have control arms tight enough

Very common problem. I have the same setup on an 04 and had the same problem. I also replaced the stabilizer and got alignments with no luck. Try also balancing the tires. When I replaced my worn MT/Rs with BFG ATs, the problem went away. Do a search on here for "death wobble".

ditto...bal and check tire pressure seems to happen to older worn tires more ?

Search the forum for Bounty Hunter's lower control arm cam bolt suggestion. With cam bolts you can get your castor back to a good number. Best of luck - John

Back