hi-jack

banannaclip

where do you store your jack in your c-j5. inside outside,theft protection? :???: . i used to keep mine inside laying right down the middle between the seats BUT one of my boys bumped it and it acciddentley pushed my winch levers they engaged one lever is broke at the fork so i need a new one now.i think there s a better place to store it BC

no idea from me. mine is in the shed and i have a yj

I have a TJ and mine is mounted to the front bumper......not a good place, trust me! I've seen a few sweet pics of them mounted to the roll cage - inside. Just a thought. If you do a search on here you'll probably get a lot more ideas.
Good luck!

yeah i finding a safe and secure way to mount it to the rollbar would be good but i want to change that to full cage someday you never know when you might be upside down not that i go looking for that.

my dad and I have it mounted to the rear supports of the roll cage. we don't have a back seat though so I don't know how it would be with people in the back seat. we took a peace of unistrut and strapped it between the supports and the strapped the jack to that. it's hard to explain and I'll try to add some pics to help out...

This is where I mounted mine useing the transfer case drop kit spacers and rubber plugs I got from lowes with some longer boltsand wing nuts. Got to remember though mines a 60"This is where I mounted mine useing the transfer case drop kit spacers, and rubber plugs I got from lowes with some longer bolts and wing nuts. Got to remember though mines a 60" so its huge and doesn't fit anywhere else. No lock. There is a post about this whole thing somewhere on here I looked for a while couldn't find it I know it's here. Found it http://www.jeepz.com/forum/cj-yj-tj-jk/27849-how-did-you-mount-your-hi-lift.html

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110715_224752.png
    ForumRunner_20110715_224752.png
    883.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

A 48" jack will fit nicely on the rear roll cage behind the rear seat. It keeps it out of the elements so no rusting. I mounted mine here with a couple $2.00 chain link fence clamps around the roll bars, carriage bolts, a ny-lock nut behind the jack and a wing nut holding it to the bracket. Works slick and doesn't intercede with the seat or a trunk if you have one installed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Chip01TJ said:
A 48" jack will fit nicely on the rear roll cage behind the rear seat. It keeps it out of the elements so no rusting. I mounted mine here with a couple $2.00 chain link fence clamps around the roll bars, carriage bolts, a ny-lock nut behind the jack and a wing nut holding it to the bracket. Works slick and doesn't interfere with the seat or a trunk if you have one installed.

hey thanks for the ideas.ive read the and consider how they may work for my jeep.i do put the back seat in for my boys.i sure wish i had a full cage my options would be easier i will post pictures of what i come up with thanks again

Back