Hi-Lift Jack Hood Mount

I'd stick with mounting it inside if possible. behind the rear seat with one end strapped to each bar of the roll cage works well.

Having said that, having it on the hood looks cool. Just be sure to service it before you go offroad and may end up needing it. I've heard that they will freeze / rust when mounted outside.

I think the elements would get to it if you left it out on your hood. The best thing to do is mount inside. Then again if you leave it on your hood make sure its in tip-top shape. Going off-roading without one of those bad boys can be devastating, trust me, experience talks.

I've seen those on jeeps and personally wouldn't want to be swinging a hilift over my hood for any reason. Mine is over the trunk area mounted to the rollbar on each side.

personally would not hit the hood, mount inside or on a bumper. If you mount outside make sure you keep up maintenance. Hi lifts rust and freeze up easily. If neglected to long, it becomes completely useless. I personally mounted mine on the bumper. I remove it from the jeep until I go out and then like all my gear and tools, I load it up. Also, they are easy to steal so keep that in mind too

Also, they are easy to steal so keep that in mind too

That is why mine is mounted inside,with a chain going threw the lift and around the roll bar with a heavy duty padlock.

depending on how long it is I mounted mine on the fender well under hood in the flatie less chance of being stolen out of sight out of mind of those stinkin theives

Last edited:

depending on hoe long it is I mounted mine on the fender well under hood in the flatie less chance of being stolen out of sight out of mind of those stinkin theives

Yeah, you can do that, but then it's still exposed to water from splash when you drive through puddles and such.

I don't have one yet but I'm planning to get the 48" package deal off Quadratec, comes with the highlift, a case, and the handle clamp. When I get it I'm going to mount it inside between the sport bars in the back, above the passenger seat.

my flatie dont go out in rainy weather and stays out of the snow to aviod it getting wet
And its better than looking at the ugly thing

i got a cable and a lock weaved in and out of my jack and wrapped around the roll bars.

I saw this post a while ago and have spent weeks trying to find the bracket for the base of the hi jack so I could mount it to my roll bar. I am not sure what the actual application is for that piece, but all I got was a lot of head scratching. I stopped in to the local chain link installer and since he was a Jeep fanatic as well, he welded a bolt to a heavy duty bracket and sent me on my way.
I will post pics of the mount, but here is a pic of what he made for me. He suggested that I use an old bike innertube around the rollbar and then mount the brackets as to prevent scratching and sliding in high vibration driving situations ( which is everyday, right?)

Attachments

• hijack bracket.jpg
    hijack bracket.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 13,441

I have seen alot of people using fence hardware to mount the jack inside the jeep. My concern is that it will stop me from being able to bring my soft top down normally. Any experiences of this from the fence hardware users?

This is what I used.2 3/8" Galvanized Tension Band

Then I ran the bolt threw the hole and used a washer and nut.Then I put the bolt threw the Hi Lift with another washer and nut.

My bad, I should have mentioed that the tensioner goes on the other side of the roll bar. I originaly bought one at Home Depot and when I got to the fence store he showed me a HEAVY DUTY one and it did not compare. Go with the heavy duty if you can get it.

I have seen alot of people using fence hardware to mount the jack inside the jeep. My concern is that it will stop me from being able to bring my soft top down normally. Any experiences of this from the fence hardware users?

Mine does stop the top from going all the way down.For the most part if I am going to take the top down I just remove the whole thing.I picked up some quick disconnects for the roof support bars.

Back