Hobbies

SteelHeadz

Super Moderator
Post pictures of your hobbies and what you enjoy about it. I'll start.
One of my many hobbies is building and flying large helicopters. The latest one i built is a Trex 600 class heli with L.E.D. strips and nav. lights so i can fly it at night as well. It can carry a good payload such as a camera or a video recorder. The next project is a UAV. The yellow Heli is 4 1/2 feet long from the nose to the tip of the tail without the blades. The blue one is a 450 class that's a little over 2 feet long. These are not kids toys, they will cut flesh when the motor is spooled up at over 2200 rpms.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    624.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    816.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    720.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    799.4 KB · Views: 91
I play the elec guitar in my spare time. Not in a band. I just like to play. Many family members are also musicians and we will often jam at a gathering. My second hobby is crocheting. Something to do on the porch as my husband smokes a Churchill. My favorite passtime is my jeep; getting it dirty, cleaning it, driving it, everything about it.

image-82116808.jpg

First blanket I ever made

image-3736119178.jpg

Can't find a pic of me playing it

Attachments

• image-2329080765.jpg
    image-2329080765.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 201

I am a gymnast cheerleader and dancer and I wouldn't change anything in the world for any of them. It's a great way to express yourself and channel your emotions :)

image-2822739862.jpg

Gymnastics^

image-2585112914.jpg

Cheerleading^

image-2748228766.jpg

Dance^

image-3467862285.jpg

band... just finished up my last year of marching band, i diddnt even enjoy the marching that much, it was the people in it that i love

i also spend an excessive ammount of time on youtube lol

Attachments

• image-1045903862.jpg
    image-1045903862.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 147
Camping, hunting, target shooting, drag racing ,Photography,my instagram is kapixiastudios also my company name and of course getting muddy weather it's my jeep or quads.

Attachments

• image-392510532.jpg
    image-392510532.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2770565026.jpg
    image-2770565026.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2081302891.jpg
    image-2081302891.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 179

Can't exactly call it a hobby 'cause I'm hoping it turns into a career that I can do 'til the day I die........Guitar I built for my sister for Christmas 2011
My first 2....The "Kocapaulie" electric and my current daily player the "Oakman".....quartersawn white oak back and sides.
1027111840a.jpg
Another shot of my sister's guitar
TopView1.jpg
My current project - Black Walnut back, sides, top..
IMG_2949.JPG
My first repair...a '30's to '50's Martin Uke that had be "El Kabonged" - before...
IMG_2285.JPG
After.......
IMG_2408.JPG

BTW, SteelHeadz, love the craftsmanship on those copters!!

Other than wood working I love to collect and restore lanterns.
Here are a few but I have over 100.
The Green Coleman is a propane version from the 60's that never sold.
The pic with the three, (large) Dietz Union Carriage lamp, (middle) is a Dietz Skaters lamp, and the small one is a carbide Miners lamp.
The one with the red lens is a Ford Model T tail light......I'm looking for another one to have a match set, this one is the passenger side

Attachments

• Photo561 (2).jpg
    Photo561 (2).jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Photo562 (2).jpg
    Photo562 (2).jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Photo563 (2).jpg
    Photo563 (2).jpg
    212 KB · Views: 73
Wow Mud, that's a lot of work.. That's a pretty guitar. I use to play a lot with my old Takamini and my 79 Fender stratocaster. It's been awhile since the last time i played.

The pic with the three, (large) Dietz Union Carriage lamp, (middle) is a Dietz Skaters lamp, and the small one is a carbide Miners lamp.
The one with the red lens is a Ford Model T tail light......I'm looking for another one to have a match set, this one is the passenger side

Those are very cool, man!! We just spent a week on the Outer Banks and the house we stayed in had lamps with Barge Lights on the lower portion (Red and Green and lighted, of course)......very cool.....something to thinkn about in your restorations!

Hey, i have one of those carbide lamps you mentioned. I didn't know that's what that is.. Very cool!! How the heck do you light it up?

Steelheadz you have to have Carbide which is hard to get these days.
You fill the bottom up with Carbide and the top up with water, The water drips into the Carbide and that gives off Acetylene gas, then just light it up with the sticker on the reflector.
Mud4feet. I have one lantern like you mentioned, Their pretty big and heavy but cool...

So i guess it's just stuck on a display if i can't use it:cry::D. Thanks for the info.

Steelheadz you have to have Carbide which is hard to get these days.
You fill the bottom up with Carbide and the top up with water, The water drips into the Carbide and that gives off Acetylene gas, then just light it up with the sticker on the reflector.
Mud4feet. I have one lantern like you mentioned, Their pretty big and heavy but cool...

Back