Housebreaking My Old CJ

chinard

Okay, It looks like i may be in the clear finally....

I know how the old saying "Jeeps dont leak, they mark their territory" is becoming more and more true for us older jeep owners. My jeep has been marking its territory so much that it could barely hold its oil for more than a few weeks at a time.

After spending hundreds of dollars replacing every damn gasket and seal i could find, i think i may have finally housebroken this old beast!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

So far, this sucker has had the valve cover, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil pres seal, and a bunch of other things replaced. I'm keeping my eye on it, but so far it looks good...

Next project:

Transmission overhaul/T-5 swap!!! (Wish me luck)[addsig]

i wish you would house break my jeep for me it leaks everything, powerstearing fluid, oil, transmission fluid, coolent, brake fuild, and gas but im to lazy and to broke to fix all of it. so throw me some of them laft over gaskets my way

and good luck
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Okay, i've been keeping my eye on the undercarriage for about a week now, just waiting for all the residual drips to stop because there was alot of oil that got sprayed all over the place by the driveshaft.

I was just getting it to stop the odd drop or two overnight when i went out and found a big puddle of oil under my jeep...

My first reaction was "Oh, Crap!!", so i popped the hood to check the oil levels and i found that the last time i checked my oil (which was yesterday morning), i didnt put the dipstick back in its slot properly. (because it was dark)... Actually i completely missed the tube and it was just kinda hanging on the engine's wiring harness.. (oops!)

And of course as a result, i got some nice oil spray that got things nice and gooey under the hood. Time for yet another can of degreaser!

I guess its all for the best, because when they fixed my gaskets and changed my oil, they actually put too MUCH oil in the damn thing, and now its sitting just below the FULL line like its supposed to
image-missing.png

Anyways... Why did i post this again? Oh yeah, now i remember....

The dipstick on this engine sucks! I want to replace it with something longer that seals better, but i have no idea whats involved?? Any ideas, peeps?[addsig]

Dang it! don't you just hate it when your night vision batteries run out.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back