How big can I go??

Rubiconhd

New to the forum so go easy.. I just purchased a new to me 05 Rubicon Unlimited, I know it has an 1 1/2 body lift. I was wondering if I could run some 285X75R16D. Or should I go with 32. There are some spacers sitting on top of the coils so I don't know if spacers have been installed or if this is part of the rubicon suspension package? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

First welcome to Jeepz!

I am sure someone will be along shortly that can answer your question...

Sounds like the previous owner may have installed a BB (Budget Boost) since there is spacers above the springs. Do they look anything like this? I put a 2" BB on mine a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply.Yeah the coil spacers look like that. So 33's shouldn't be out of the question. Thanks for your help Jeeper99. The coil sprung Jeep isn't my thing yet.I had a 95 YJ a few years ago but sold it.

You can fit 33" with the 2" coil spacer if you keep it onroad and keep the front swaybar connected. Taking it offroad would require a little more tire clearance, like adding a 1" body lift. 2" BB and 1" BL with 33" tires is a popular combo.

Matt, I have an 05 Rubicon with 4inch lift and run those exact tires 285/75/r16 and at max articulation they just barely miss rubbing. I don't know if a 1.5 inch lift would clear?

you can safely run 35's on a 2" BB and 1" body lift, you need to have the correct wheel backspacing or spacers and a properly adjusted bump stop. 3-4" of up travel is common.

ok let me ask you this? i have a 99 TJ and just installed a rough country 4in lift. i was planning on running 33s but found a steal on some 35s. (35x12.50 bfg m/t less than 3k $150.00) how much body lift would I have to put on to clear? i got the extended brake lines and sway bar disconnects with my kit so i plan to disconnect sway bar sometimes. this a weekend toy with mild four wheeling.

my 79' has 33in tires w no lift. not sure why previous owner did that, but as you can imagine it does rub on the turns. what would be the minimum body lift I should get? Dont plan on doing allot of offroading.

Maximum 1" body and do the rest with the suspension. Anymore than an inch of body lift is not considered safe.

the previous owner put new leaf springs and rancho shock absorbers (RS500 on rear looks like same on front). Is there more I should consider? What exactly did you mean?

The previous owner installed new leaf springs as in stock or a lift spring kit?

I'm not sure how to tell. I dont see anything btwn the new springs and the axle where it attackes. Is there a way to tell?

my 79' has 33in tires w no lift. not sure why previous owner did that, but as you can imagine it does rub on the turns. what would be the minimum body lift I should get? Dont plan on doing allot of offroading.
thats not a lift issue, thats a ill fitted wheel issue

what do you mean? rims dont have enough offset? I know on the driver side tire rubs the exhaust hedder (fenderwell exit) so I know that can be modified. Only slightly rubs the passenger side fenderwell.

Back