Hummer H1 vs. Rescue

Fuel, Fire, and very soon Fun to come.

Of course there will be some biased opinions on this since this is a Jeep enthusiast site. However, the question is in the title alone, who would come out on top? The Hummer H1 or Rescue? Off-road, technologically, U.S. Army requirements and so on. What are your opinions?

Here are some facts.

Hummer H1
6.5L 205hp Diesel V8 engine w/ 440 ft-tq.

Resue
5.0+ Cummins Diesel 325hp engine w/ 600 ft-tq. :D

I really dont know.I have seen how hummer work, but never a rescue.

We test drove a an H1 for several weeks for my dads company and let me tell you there was no where that thing could not go trust me
but no one has had an opportunity to test the Rescue

FiC

On-board tire pressure control has the ability to "tune" tire pressures for maximum traction on all surfaces .... HMMMMMMM sounds like a h1 . Kinda late. about 12 years.... Its still a concept ? Maybe I'll get a better look at sema.

The resue has pressure control also. And on top of that, it has hydroneumatic suspension that allows it to adjust its ground clearance! I dont know the exact number, but I know for sure that max ground clearance is over 1.5 feet. Thats awsome!!

jeepaholic1940_4ever,
no to be mean, but you sound like a salesman for DC

And on top of that, lets see if they can actually make it for a reasonable price.
Looks like there still using solid axles ? maybe 1.5 from the bottom of the cab, but no way are they getting 1.5 from the bottom of the diff, where it counts.

IROKS

Like Apples and Oranges. Hummer and Jeep is not even in the same class. Not even a match up. Like a Mustang and a flatbed truck match. I would much rater have the Jeep Rescue just because I could not afford to keep up a Hummer. Great friend of mine has a Hummer not a H2 thing of a mijig. Can not even get stock size tires for the hummer about a month ago all are being sent to the middle east. had to go down a couple of sizes. Breaks are a night mare to rebuild. everything is a night mare to fix and the bank gets broke with each repair. Thinking of useing it off road is just not a real opption unless you have unlimited funds. He is arealitor and uses it to show remote property in these dang hills around here or he says it would just not be worth the cost of owning one. tug

I agree. But I'd say no to either. Just get a YJ, CJ or an XJ and mod the hell out of it. For that money, and I'm sure it'll be a lot, you could really make a worthy jeep.

Some other specs.
Rescue H2
80"wide 81.2"
196.5 long 189.8 "
37" tires 35"

The Resue has a couple of cool fetures worth mentioning;
3D topographic navigational system
cameras under the chassis to help spot boulders

I'd choose the Jeep over the H2 if they make it and I had the $$$$$$

yeah..is neat..sounds like its going to cost a whole lotta money. but we'll see. I'll prolly head over to the dealership when and if they come out to take a test ride....ya know..i'll pretend i'm interested in it.

mingez said:
toyman said:
Some other specs.
cameras under the chassis to help spot boulders

Okay, I'll admit it.... that's pretty freakin' cool.

What about the mud? Cameras will only be good for the first part of the trail then you hit a mud hole or water crossing and then what. Stop get out and clean the optics! Not keep on rolling and sell the cameras on eBay. Plus it will be like the Tomb Raider by the time they get done with the realistic market version it will be so watered down it will be afordable and nothing special. heheehehe tug :wink:

White said:
On-board tire pressure control has the ability to "tune" tire pressures for maximum traction on all surfaces .... HMMMMMMM sounds like a h1 . Kinda late. about 12 years.... Its still a concept ? Maybe I'll get a better look at sema.

The liberty's come with a option similar to this. You can't regulate the PSI but you can monitor them. I wish I had portal axles so I can run CTIS!

Thr H1 is not a H2 though. I am a firm believer that the H1 is one of the best offroad vehicles every produces for civilian enjoyment.

The H2 is a great vehilce for some one who enjoys off roading. With that said let me describe that type off roading.

You are at the soccer practice (or LAX if your kid is a hard-a$$) and you are driving through the gravel driveway, all of a sudden, a rabbid squirrel jumps out in front of you, you hit all the power locks, roll up those power windows. just so the squirrel doesn't see you, you release some of the air from the lumbar support and slowly elecrtically recline your seat. Now tension is getting hot, turn on the Climate control with Dual zones to cool off. You start to panic as the squirrel gets closer so you punch up the DVD BUT... someone left their copy of Grease in there. You panic some more and finally get the navigation DVD in there. You find a suitable parking place. But can that burry machine of your make it. Click on the 4 wheel hi. you don't use 4 wheel lo cause you are afraid it will lower your H2 too close to the ground. you perform a 3 point turn and park your H2 half in the parking lot and half in the grass. You made it! You are a american hero!!

HEHE Sorry had too!

Honestly, if you buy a H2, or any 4wd with 4wheel low and is designed for off highway excursions and never use it for what it was designed for (at least take it camping and drive down a dirt raod) then I feel for you. Should have bought a pinto wagon!

jps4jeep said:
White said:

The liberty's come with a option similar to this. You can't regulate the PSI but you can monitor them. I wish I had portal axles so I can run CTIS!

Thr H1 is not a H2 though. I am a firm believer that the H1 is one of the best offroad vehicles every produces for civilian enjoyment.

The H2 is a great vehilce for some one who enjoys off roading. With that said let me describe that type off roading.

You are at the soccer practice (or LAX if your kid is a hard-a$$) and you are driving through the gravel driveway, all of a sudden, a rabbid squirrel jumps out in front of you, you hit all the power locks, roll up those power windows. just so the squirrel doesn't see you, you release some of the air from the lumbar support and slowly elecrtically recline your seat. Now tension is getting hot, turn on the Climate control with Dual zones to cool off. You start to panic as the squirrel gets closer so you punch up the DVD BUT... someone left their copy of Grease in there. You panic some more and finally get the navigation DVD in there. You find a suitable parking place. But can that burry machine of your make it. Click on the 4 wheel hi. you don't use 4 wheel lo cause you are afraid it will lower your H2 too close to the ground. you perform a 3 point turn and park your H2 half in the parking lot and half in the grass. You made it! You are a american hero!!

HEHE Sorry had too!

Honestly, if you buy a H2, or any 4wd with 4wheel low and is designed for off highway excursions and never use it for what it was designed for (at least take it camping and drive down a dirt raod) then I feel for you. Should have bought a pinto wagon!

LMFAO!!

Back