I am sure you boyz can help this chick out *Smile*

I found it (actuator), and removed it and turned the blend door to open/close it and it worked!!! Yipppi

NOW the big question, by removing the actuator motor for the blend door, can that blend door fall outta position from the top pivot point???? Without the actuator in place the bottom pivot point is exposed and I hope to god it did not come outta alignment with the top pivot point...please advise! Cuz if it did come out of position with the top pivot point then that would mean the whole thing would have to be taken apart, and I can't do that.

Thanks sooooooo much!!! *kisses*
Katelynn

Was it the actuator that went bad? If so, I'd suggest purchasing a new one, and replacing it, so that you don't have to worry about it falling out of position, and it'll function properly... As to the alignment of the thingamabob, I have not yet had to take apart that system in my XJ, so I have no idea whatsoever...

RE: Re: RE: Body work questions

yes the actuator went bad, well actually the gear inside cracked, a guy from work is trying to gorilla glue it together for me...so I can use it.

My big concern aat this point is if the top pivot point is going to fall outta place while the actuator is out!?!?! Anybody know???

Roll Bar Paint Color

Katelynn,

I've got one word for you.

Duct tape.

Oh yeah, thats like...two.. words.. :oops:

Can you stick a piece of duct tape over it to keep it all in place for awhile???

well, it doesn't seem to drop much...but it has already dropped down. I just don't know how much room I have for error, if there is any room for error? Maybe it won't move at all, from the pivot point...I need confirmation. I have made it this far..now I would hate to have to take it in for that stupid door coming out of the top pivot.

3rd time jeep owner...this time i got it right!

90Xjay said:
From what I you posted, you may have a sticking blend door.
If your compressor is kicking on and running and
If the acumilator/dryer(round cylinder silver thing near firewall) is getting icy cold to the touch
This tells me that the A/C system itself is working and producing a cold evaporator temp. The duct work is a system of vacuum operated doors that shut off the hot air from the heater core(which stays hot usually) and opens the doors to the evaporator and allows the fan to blow the air through the fins of the evaporator and up and though your vents.

A sticking door could be fixed maybe by bumping with your palm the plastic housing under your glove box.

I have fixed plenty of problems where the real problem was not the compressor or freon level.

check out below a view of what the housing may look like, the heater core and evaporator sit down wind from the blower all of the air from the blower passes though them. the blend doors open and close separating the heat from the cold air or blend them if you set you controls requiring that.

image-missing.png

I had the same problem with my 88 cherokee...I was only getting warm air. I didn't do any diagnostic digging or anything. I just started kicking the shit out of that housing and it started working fine..lol

Back