I gotta question please HELP!!

CaseysBabyGrl

Hello My name is ashley i am 15 i will be 16 in march (9) and im getting a jeep and i want a jeep that would be the best but i wanna have a stick and i want it to have i guess you would call it like a umm soft top i think im not to sure.... but anyways can someone please tell me what kind...cause i kno nothing except its my fantacy car and i want it soooooooooo badlyyyyyyyyy :D :D :D :D :D [addsig]

get a cj yj or tj, you probably want a tj and get a 4.0

edited by: far_right, Jan 30, 2003 - 08:46 PM[addsig]

see i dont kno what all that is its like a foreign language to me i mean maybe it may not be a good car for me but its my dream ive wanted one sence i was 11 and i am going on 16 ... but two more questions is it good for long trips like 4 hour trips and is it good with gas it is really high in gainesville almost 2 a gallon[addsig]

March 9? Cool your birthday is one day after mine haha. For long trips hmm...kinda sucks because they don't have cruise control (well my YJ doesn't...the TJ's might). My YJ is the four cylinder and it gets real good gas mileage. Jeeps are cool because they really get noticed...driving around town you see a bunch of lowered civics and ricer cars...but my one of a kind lifted jeep sure turns a lot of heads hahah.[addsig]

hmm... the '01 TJ Saraha i drove had cruise control...[addsig]

Well YJ's do not have cruise control...I'm not really a TJ guy so I wouldn't know if the TJ's had cruise or not.[addsig]

OK here is the facts. I at first thought you were a crack pot on the board. Someone just trying to get a joke on us all. Now I have chatted with this young lady with other jeepz.com members. I now believe she is for real so Welcome Ashley and you have come to the right place these folks will have fun with you, and at your expence but it is all in fun and they will not lead you wrong. If you really want to be a jeep girl ? Talk to quinters she is the resident queen here. Has put together a kick a butt tj jeep and is a real lady. listen to her and you will do good. Welcome to the gang! You are one of the guys from where I set! Tug ;-) [addsig]

I would say get a TJ or YJ, if you want a more modern Jeep, Nicer riding and all the Bells and whistles. Probably go with the Jeep TJ, if you want something a little older, a little rougher riding, a little less to get dirty when you go mudding topless. I would say go with a Jeep YJ. I love my YJ and wouldn't trade it for the world! Plus I like the square headlights. (Not To Many Around So I Hear). But best of luck with what ever you decided. Plus we are always here to help.

Matmadus
:cool: [addsig]

Ashley: Look for a TJ, a hardtop would make the roadtrips a bit quieter and when you want to go topless just get a couple of your guyfriends to come over and take it off for you. Good luck on getting the Jeep you want :) [addsig]

No problem...a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is a YJ (my YJ BTW)...they were made from 1987-1995 and have square headlights and a leaf spring suspension.
image-missing.png

And this is a TJ...this one belongs to PAsmokeater. They have round headlights and a more "sporty" front grill as well as a coil suspension. They are the 1997-present Wrangler style.
image-missing.png

edited by: RayOvac, Jan 31, 2003 - 03:04 AM[addsig]

have you ever driven in a jeep before?, if you havent maybe you should, a Jeep isnt any old car, it takes skills to become a Jeep driver (all the bouncin and noise and vibrating, it gets pretty rough) and are you ready to join the Jeeping community? - i bet you if you get a Jeep you will get plenty of Jeepers waving at you :lol: [addsig]

yes i have driving it before and i love them to death the one i did didnt bother me i didnt hear any noise and i mean dang i have a ford now so im used to noise LoL but anwyasy i cant wait 35 days right now :)[addsig]

Hey Ashley! Welcome to the community...it sounds like the addiction seed has been planted, so that's good!! :evil: :lol: :) I have a 1998 TJ with some modifications, but I do take it on trips from time to time and it does just fine. Yes, it has cruise control, but I normally don't use it. I would spend the extra $$ and get one with a hardtop. A little more secure and a little less noisy at highway speeds...but, heck, that's part of the fun of a Jeep!! I have a hoist that is in my garage that I use to lift off the hardtop and it stays suspended from the ceiling joist. Taking off the top is easy (20 minute job) and I can do it alone...in fact I just took off the top this morning!! :-D Just keep your eyes open and look for one that suits you...you will know it when you see it!! Then make it yours...good luck, Patti

edited by: Quinners, Jan 31, 2003 - 02:19 PM[addsig]

Back