I hate transmissions!!!!!

jturner18

Ok, here is the scoop.
i bought this 95 Wrangler, 4cyl, and i knew the AX5 had bad synchros. i ordered my new trans from quadratec and put it in. i filled the fluid with lucas gear 75/90. well since the day we put it in, its popping out of second and fouth. so i called quadratec, they sent me another trans to put in.
well in the mean time i changed out the slave and master, not to mention i replaced the clutch. well when i am first starting out the shift is hard, but when it all warms up shifting is easier, but the clutch doesnt seem to engage/disengage properly <grinding going into all gears>. so next week i am going to put the new transmission in and i want to know the best fluid to use <quantity, type, brand, etc> and any other sweet info you gurus have!

is this all related to a crap transmission?

I HATES TRANSMISSION ISSUES!

redline mt90 has worked great for me so far...

yeah i have noticed alot of people talking about redline mt90. i am thinking i am going to order a gallon and give it a shot. not cheap by any means but i dont care as long as my transmission lasts FOREVER!

It's not cheap, but makes shifting a lot easier than anything else I've put in there. I've heard it will even make up for slight syncro issues...

ok so i am searching the intraweb and finding the pressure line itself is a task!! any help???

the line between the clutch slave and master is called the pressure line.

i am ordering the redline today!! so is summit cheaper than everyone else??

Redline mt90 is the best but it's hard to find around here without ordering it online. I've used syncromesh and it cured my grinding problem and made my ax5 a much better shifting transmission overall.

Back