Ideas for Jeep Stereo System

mud4feet said:
We all like to listen to music, just not necessarily yours.

Amen to that. One thing I can't stand is pulling up to a light and the car beside me has so much bass that parts are starting to vibrate off of it, and part are starting to vibrate off of mine, too. Don't get me wrong, I like my music loud, but there's a time and a place for it. City streets ain't the place, and 2am in front of my house ain't the time OR the place for it.

Tailgate hinges

mud4feet said:
John Prine!! "You may see me tonight with an illegal smile"........"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes"......"I hope you don't do what I do, and ever fall in love with someone like you"........."your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore"........ Prine lyrics.

Don't foget "Dear Abby", "Saddle In The Rain". Man Mud those songs take me back a few. My Wilder days. :oops:

mike

Nice site jps4jeep! Looks like you have the DIY thing down. I got a lot to learn when it comes to that stuff.

Nice job jps4jeep. That is definatly one of the best/most practical ways I've ever seen the stereo system set up in a Jeep. Looks like you've got it all, and it looks to be pretty protected from the environment and still leaves lot's of usable space.

I like it a lot!!!

I saw one guy at our local off road shop that converted his dashboard glove box into a sub box to hold an 8" sub. He made it out of fiberglass and even put the glove box door back on over top so it looks totally stock. He bought the smallest amp that was powerful enough to drive the sub and mounted it somewhere inside his dash facing in a manner that allows him to squeeze a long set of needle nose pliers up to replace any blown fuses. It's no bass mobile but it sounds good and clean.

DId he use a YJ dash, cause the CD changer barely fits.

and everyone else thank you. It kinda helps that I was a installer for years when I was in college.

You should see the one I will be designing for my chevy P/U super space saver!

jps4jeep said:
DId he use a YJ dash, cause the CD changer barely fits.
Ya, he used a YJ dash. He combined the space of the dashboard glovebox and the small shelf above it. The hole where the shelf was was filled in to look like part of the dash.

Back