installing axel

kevin4x4

order my axel today. Thanks for the help. Whats all involve in removing and replacing...I have a c-clip axel.

Re: 00XJ O2 Sensor Question

You replacing the entire axle assembly, or just the axle shaft?

The axel shaft sorry. Bought a haynes book looks simply. Says to pull pionionshaft out when doing that some little springs wants to fall out (Out of the pionion shatft I have a power trax locker. Then it says to puch in the axel flange tried that put cant get it to do any thing.. Dont want to use any force because just bearly move it the locker want to move alot.. How do u move it to get the c-clip out..

if you pull the pinion shaft, you'll have to pull the entire differential apart... i don't really see why though.. as long as you can get the c-clip out, you can slide the axle out

Removing the differential center pin should allow the shafts to slife inward, giving you enough room to get to the c-clips. Have you removed the brake drums?

yea brake drum is off. So just try to force the axel inward that might be why i cant do it since its broke .How far inward can U pry it with a screw driver..Or try to but broken axel back In and push.

WJ overheating w/ ARB Bull Bars

a small magnet..such as a nuts and bolts wand may help you get those c-clips out of that lock-rite. as i recall there is a very small slot which those c-clips come in or out of the lock-rite. try pointing the carrier upside-down and tap on the top of the carrier lighly with a hammer.

ok Final got my axel to budge.Had broken metal all up in the axel tube took a magnet and hot it all out... Took a brom stick put it in the axel tupe and puch it forward c-clips still in hit with hammer still in. Can You pry it out or what is holding in. Looks like it hits the c-clip on the other side. And which one to take out I have 4 to on each side...

There's only one c-clip per shaft. I'm not surprised you genaded an axle shaft with that lockright, auto lockers are good for that. I'd either install a limited slip, Lincoln Locker, upgrade to a larger axle, or take it easy on the skinny pedal.

:oops: feel so stupied I was scared to turn the axel. becasuse of the springs coming out. So barely turn it a little bit and it fell right out into my hand. Thank yall for the help. :lol:

Back