Is anyone doing major drive train swaps.

you can do many many low cost/free mods to the lt1 to get it more powerful

You can port match your heads and intake yourself with a dremel tool... its not tough, but intimidating...
You can remove the screen from the mass airflow sensor, and you can have that bored to allow for more air...
You can relocate the AIT sensor closer to the inlet part of the intake..
Remove the airpump and EGR...
We just supercharged my friend's 94 Z28 and he had to remove his underdrive main pully... i can get you that cheap...
He also had to remove his airfoil... I'm sure that can go cheap as well.
And.... if you have a laptop... or know someone that does... there is a program called FreeScan, designed to work with LT1s, that you can download for free that can hook into the computer to monitor the engine's data, it is useful while modifying it because you can reset error codes without disconnecting the battery... unfortunately... the cable is $90 for that... but might be easy to make... not sure... if i think of more.. i'll get to you

damn i thought i was lucky to be puttin in a race ready 350 with avs carb. what transmission and transfer case are you using?

Just put a 350 chevy in my 78 CJ 7. I have a new Holley pro jection I'm going to put in Labor day weekend. It is a 76 model engine from a pickup. I put everything new in it. Small torque cam, advanced 4 degrees. Now it lopes a little. HAHAHAHA .
I built my own adapteron hte specs from a Advanced Adapter plate. I beefed mine up in the areas where it needed it. Also I made a custom retainer for the front bearing with the guide for the throwout bearing sprayed with a Eutectic power coating for long wear. I also made my own motor mounts, Hydraulic clutch brackets , and alternator brackets, throttle linkage , ETC.

I was going to take pics and do a write up for the site ,but I was banned before they did the change to the new site.
Seems we were talkin' about the Jeep wave, and some 20 year old kid smarted off about us old guys and how he could do more than us with his 2 wheel drive pickup. Well I shut him up in a way he will remember and I got kicked off the site.

It helps when you hace been welding and doing machine work for 20 years and now I am 37. I started CNC work about 2 years ago and the possibilities are endless.

I will take pics of my EFI installation and keep you posted.

Later,
Jackal

Back