Jack location

Bullet

Hello all. I just Picked up a 98 Cherokee and was getting it all cleanded up when I noticed that the tire jack and crank rod are sitting lose it the back. I am trying to find where the kits home is. I noticed under the passanger rear seat there is what looks like a hold down. But I can figure out how it would hold the jack and the rod is to long to fit in there. I know it is a dumb question but I would be much happier with every thing in its home. Also there is no owners manual to clue me in. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've never seen it myself, but I did a bit of research on the web and found this paragraph:

The Grand Cherokee has very clever fold-over seats - with a few quick motions, you can get the rear seats to lie flat on the floor, the headrest moving into its own space. Pulling up the rear seat cushions also exposes the jack and the Infinity stereo amplifier. The seats have a 20/30 split, so you can have one or two rear passengers while carrying long objects.

Yeah, I still havent figured this out. I admit not much more effort has gone in to it due to still tinkering with the new ride. But I can see how jack would secure under the passanger rear seat, but what's got me is the darn jack rod. with it collapsed it is still 2 feet long. that wont fit under there with it. Was hoping that someone would be kind enough to post a picture of how it all goes together with jack and rod. If I figure it out I will post a pic.

Back