Jeep Hurricane WOW! 2 Hemi's?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mingez

RE: clutch plates rusted together?

Maybe this is a repost, but if so...I missed it. Have you all seen the Jeep Hurricane concept? Holy crap. Now, I know there are gonna be some that hate it, and some that like it, but check it:
"There are two 5.7-liter HEMI engines in the vehicle: one in the front and one in the back. Both engines deliver 335 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque – a total of 670 hp and 740 lb-ft of torque."
You real hardcore tech guys are gonna come up with several reasons to not like this Jeep. But ME... I'm in love! I can't wait to buy one...if it ever gets to production. I guess I better start eating Ramen noodles and taking a sack lunch to work for the next 10 years.:lol:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

* Weight (estimated): 3,850 lbs. (1,746 kg)
* Length: 151.8 inches (3,856 mm)
* Wheelbase: 108.1 inches (2,746 mm)
* Front Overhang: 25.0 inches (635 mm)
* Rear Overhang: 18.7 inches (475mm)
* Width: 80.0 inches (2,033 mm)
* Height: 68.2 inches (1,732 mm)
* Track, Frt/Rr: 67.5/67.5 inches (1,715/1,715 mm)
* Engine: two 5.7-liter HEMI® engines
* Transfer Case: Custom multi-mode with 1:1, 2:1 and 4:1 ratios
* Transmission: 5-Speed automatic
* Front and Rear Suspension: Long-travel, short/long arm independent
* Ground Clearance: 14.3 inches (363 mm)
* Break-Over Angle: 31.5 degrees
* Approach/Depart Angle: 64.0/86.7 degrees
* Tire Size: 305/70R20
* Wheel Size: 20x10 inches
Here's the official website:
http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/concept_cars/hurricane/

independent suspension all around... i don't like that so much... 20 inch rims, you can roll with the homies wit dem joints...

if they need some test drivers... i'll do it

RE: Body lift

That would be a 36.8" x 12" tire on that 20" wheel. That would probably be the only consolation to IFS: You don't need to lift the vehicle.

I would prefer it not be IFS but... I like it.

I heard a story on the radio about this thing - DC basically said they would never build it but it was more to try to be the hit of auto shows.

RE: Jeep Hurricane WOW! 2 Hemi

TwistedCopper said:
I heard a story on the radio about this thing - DC basically said they would never build it but it was more to try to be the hit of auto shows.

That's a tease if I ever heard one... I kind of like it, though I think that a double hemi engine setup is a bit overkill...

selling jeep in durham, north carolina

Saurian said:
TwistedCopper said:

That's a tease if I ever heard one... I kind of like it, though I think that a double hemi engine setup is a bit overkill...

The whole thing is overkill!!! That's the beauty of it!!!

Re: RE: Jeep Hurricane WOW! 2 Hemi

I would rock that thing like I was it was 1987 and my name is Vince Neill and the hurricane was a shopping cart full of drugs!

Quote from the website:

"...we equipped both HEMI engines in the Jeep Hurricane with the Chrysler Group
Multi-Displacement System (MDS). Depending on the driver's needs, the
Hurricane can be powered by 4-, 8-, 12- or 16-cylinders."

That is good. Otherwise, one might get poor gas milage. :wink:

{{Chuckle}}

Gadget

Radiator ?

TwistedCopper said:
That would be a 36.8" x 12" tire on that 20" wheel. That would probably be the only consolation to IFS: You don't need to lift the vehicle.

I would prefer it not be IFS but... I like it.

Didn't they say the same for the motorcycle with the V10? As I understand the demand was so great they are going to produce a limited amount of these.

Not that I would be able to afford one, but that would be cool. Unlikely but very cool.

Hi,

IMO, it is beyond ridiculous. I don't like it :x

Though, It is good to hear that they used a variable displacement system on the engines. That way you can improve your gas mileage from 3mpg to 6mpg whenever you want :shock:

-Nick :!:

Can you imagine the insane donuts you could do in that thing? I can only imagine...... :)

Did anyone besides me see the Auto Show on TV today? They had the Hurricaine on there and showed footage of it off road. Very impressive rig.

I also noticed there is a car (Acura maybe?) that has a rear that applies more power to the outside tire around turns. That would be nice when they can incorporate that technology into a LS rear.

Re: RE: Quote the Raven...er..Jeepz Peepz

None of you understand, that is quite possibly the best for doing donuts....well at least thats what I'd be doing with it.... :)

Back