Jeep to Jeep Waving

Jeep#3

I've noticed that I get waves form other Wrangler drivers when passing on roads. I think that that is very cool. I've also noticed that when driving my Cherokee that no one waves... Is it just a Wrangler driver thing to do? Any comments???

Jeep#3[addsig]

It's really only done between short wheelbase Jeeps because they are special. Proper Jeep wave etiquette is newer waves to older i.e. YJ waves to CJ. [addsig]

the proper way to wave is to wave to every Jeep you see, we're all one big happy family!
image-missing.png

the thing about long wheel base Jeeps is most of the owners don't get the Jeep thing so they don't wave, and as a result most short wheel base Jeep owners give up on waving to them in gerneral.. but I feel that just because they don't get the Jeep thing.. doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to help them
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have found that usually short-wheelbase Jeeps wave, but if there's a modified Cherokee or something they'll usually wave. -Mike[addsig]

I always wave to the older jeep first. Don't wait for the GranChrokee Urbanites to wave first,just go ahead and wave .
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have stopped waving cause I was confusing so many Jeepers.

Only when I drive my Chevy Beretta
image-missing.png

Which is all the time right now
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Officially newer waves first to older. Same age, less mods goes first. My thought is at 55-65 mph going opposite directions makes for a net speed approaching 110-130 mph. Do you have time to figure all this out in the couple of seconds after you figure out it is a short wheelbase
image-missing.png
. Just give the wave regardless
image-missing.png
. As for the longer wheelbases... they may be a bit slow to catch onto it but keep trying!!!
image-missing.png
They will either find answers at this great site or ask someone at a traffic light some day.

Of course we could solve that 130 mph problem if we just stopped to take the time to say "hello", but the rest of the traffic world still wouldn't get it since... IT'S A JEEP THING!!!.

Later

D
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I've only seen a few people do this, here in Albuquerque. But it also seems that most of the people here, with jeeps, don't go off roading. Ok, the girls may drive up on a curb while turning or putting on make up. BUT, that's here and this should not be taken as my view on women driving jeeps. Just the few "girls" (emphasis on GIRLS) that I've noticed in my town. I've always thought it was cool to wave at others that are into what you're into, ie motorcylists, mountain bikers or jeepin.[addsig]

When I lived in PA-- all the short-wheelbasers waved ALL THE TIME!!!!

Here in AZ, NOT ONE PERSON HAS WAVED TO ME!!!

(Must be the heat!!)[addsig]

Back