jeep won't start

LGR

2000 XJ 4.0...Woke up this morning to go to work..turn the key and it would just crank..engine wouldn't turn over. Kept doing it..then i tried to put my foot on the gas to give it some help, That works as long as i keep my foot on the gas, once i remove it, it stalls. Any ideas? I was thinking fuel filter or pump on th way out. I don't know where to start

if it was otherwise running fine before this morning, I'd look somewhere else.
Everybody always changes the fuel filter first and then it ends up being somthing else. Did you happen to fill up on the way home?

yeah, It was running fine then I filled up made two stops and parked it for the night...It did sit for one full day then monday I get in and no start.

yeah, It was running fine then I filled up made two stops and parked it for the night...It did sit for one full day then monday I get in and no start.

in that case I might be inclinded to say you have a fuel related problem.
If you can get the filter off and find a clear glass mason jar and being careful, empty the contents of the filter into the glass jar and let it sit at room temp for about 5 mins. IF you have water in the fuel the water will be on the bottom and you can see a clear distinction between the water and gas.

alright next question..where is the fuel filter? I couldn't find it...whats the chance its all part of the fuel pump?

alright next question..where is the fuel filter? I couldn't find it...whats the chance its all part of the fuel pump?

there is a fuel "strainer" in the tank, just a screen sock that fits over the pump, however, there is a in-line filter somwhere between the tank and the fuel rail.

alright for whoever was wondering...

Turned out to the battery..I knew it was weak but i didn't think it would cause that problem. anywho, its fixed.

alright for whoever was wondering...

Turned out to the battery..I knew it was weak but i didn't think it would cause that problem. anywho, its fixed.

Well, that does makes sense...........the battery does run all of that "electronic-computer" shiite!!! Glad to hear you got 'er going.

Back