Jubilee Run

chrisguerrero46

Anyone going to Tollgate, Oregon for the Jubilee Run this year? I'm going up Friday, april 3rd (sooner if I can get a day off). Staying at Meadowwood Speech Camp. Hope to hear from some fellow Jeepers.
:D

It's not really an organized event, so there's no link that I know of but...
Tollgate is near Pendleton, Oregon. From Pendleton:

1. Follow signs to Hwy. 11 (Milton-Freewater/Walla Walla Hwy. - Travel on Hwy. 11 approx. 16 miles to Tollgate/Spout Springs exit.
  2. Follow signs to Hwy. 204 (State Hwy Sign reads Elgin).
  3. Take a left when you see the sign "Jubilee Lake Campground" at Skyline Road.
If you want to rent a cabin at the Speech camp, here's the address for that site.
Meadowood Springs Speech & Hearing Camp - Rent Our Camp

Basically, when the road opens up people take their rigs up as far as they can go. Mostly toyotas with huge tires and some with exoskeletons but I've gone up the last three years with my little old jeep with 32's and I get by. Just can't afford that 6" lift for 35 inch tires.

anyway, hope to see some of you there.

A group of us from Timber Tramps will be going. I plan to get to Elgin late friday night. We plan to leave Elgin by 9:00am for the trail. Could be some tough going - they got an additional 3feet of snow over the weekend.

It's expected to keep snowing all week too. You might have better luck coming up from Elgin than trying to get in from Tollgate though. I only have 33" tires on my little YJ but I'm going to give it hell on Friday.
If we can't get to Jubilee, we might go explore Summit Road instead. Less "law enforcement presence" over there anyway, not that I would break any laws...:eek:

It was a great run, the most snow we have seen there ever. We had 19 rigs and went in from the Elgin side. Made it to within 1/2 mile of the Jubilee Lake after 9 hours of hard going. We got turned around (that was a pain with 3 foot berms on either side) and came out on top. We have a few pics posted on our timbertramps web site more to come. Did anyone else go?

We went up Saturday, found a line of rigs watching one guy who had slid off the road. I was with two other jeeps. Didn't get past Baldy though as there was people sliding all over the road on the last hill before it.
Check out the bumper modification I made on my buddy's Toyota that night close to our camp. Nothing like a few (dozen) yanks with a tow rope!:D

Attachments

• Picture 123.jpg
    Picture 123.jpg
    830 KB · Views: 466
  • Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 288

Great pics. Too bad we didnt run into you. We did not get up top til almost dark. I just put a link out on our timbertramps web site of the youtube video of the group that broke trail (almost got tot the lake). The lead rig was a toyota landcruiser with 49's. The link is on our test video page (left side menu).

Back