Katrina

90Xjay said:
Now we have the last Shuttle Mission commander on tv today saying that she noticed how fragile our atmosphere is and that we must get people off of the planet in order to the human race to survive!
Wha, wha, WHAT :!: Dude that's insane...... this is getting so deperessing........ don;t mind me as i pound On tHE Keyy BoaRD......nhbnhbgbhhjmzdcv l87ewq27hgggghhyhyewqudiuysdcvbalsjygdfhgsx......... ok i'm better, but still depressed....... man this shit sucks

France is sending water purification systems as well as financial aid. I'm thinking anyone caught looting food or water should be left alone...but all those stupid bastids stealing TV's, stereos, etc., should be shot on site. Heard on one of the news stations last night that the blacks are now making this out to be a racial thing, saying the government isn't coming in to help those still stranded because they are trying to thin out the black population! Have you ever heard anything more rediculous? Yeah...I have. The blacks also said that the government introduced AIDS back in the 80's to kill off the blacks, and that the government introduced crack cocaine to kill off the blacks......ya know, they aren't helping their public perception when they spout off with stuff like that.

Honestly, I can't believe LA and MISS didn't have a better disaster plan in place. It really seems like some shoddy work. Oh, yeah, I understand the nature of the distruction down there, but still.....they knew it could happen, why didn't they plan for it? Hell, Mt. Hope is only 900 or so people but we have a better disaster plan than that!!

One things for sure Sparky, the working man(woman too) who payes the taxes are going to get stuck with the bill. That is you and me.
Remember the government has no money unless it takes it from you and me first.

They will now come up with a new disabiliy call Hurricane Katrina Stress Disorder, once you get diognosed, you get a check for life.

Out of the many thousands who now have no jobs, (don't know if they had jobs before) who are able to work, should be put to work, on a payroll, cleaning up the place as soon as possible.

If you are being housed in a shelter and getting meals and bedding, you should be made work doing something. Of course considerations would have to be made. Those who lived there, should play a large roll in the clean up. That is after they stop looting, raping, killing cops and stealing cars off of dealership lots.....

90Xjay said:
Now we have the last Shuttle Mission commander on tv today saying that she noticed how fragile our atmosphere is and that we must get people off of the planet in order to the human race to survive!

LadyJeepFreak said:
I thought I was the only one who noticed what the shuttle commander said. She said from up there earths atmosphere is as thin as an eggshell and massive deforestation could be seen compared to the previous missions she had been on. Very Very Sad.
Where can I find information on this???????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rebuilding dana 300

Where can I find information on this????????????

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/sts114/3296403

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/08/04/shuttle.earth.environment.reut/

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ShuttleReturn/story?id=1031619&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

http://www.newstarget.com/010807.html

Zach,
Just so you remember, when you read these articles about the damage to the earth, that is is, after all President Bush's fault :lol: :lol:

Gen Chat Katrina

90Xjay said:
One things for sure Sparky, the working man(woman too) who payes the taxes are going to get stuck with the bill. That is you and me.

They will now come up with a new disabiliy call Hurricane Katrina Stress Disorder, once you get diognosed, you get a check for life.

Out of the many thousands who now have no jobs, (don't know if they had jobs before) who are able to work, should be put to work, on a payroll, cleaning up the place as soon as possible.

If you are being housed in a shelter and getting meals and bedding, you should be made work doing something. Of course considerations would have to be made. Those who lived there, should play a large roll in the clean up. That is after they stop looting, raping, killing cops and stealing cars off of dealership lots.....

90XJ: I generally don't get personal, but I find your comments, quite honestly, pathetic. Sparky: You say this has nothing to do with race...I find it hard to believe that 90XJ's comments about the "working man" (wink wink) and the "they" vs. "we" would be so laced if the crowd of 50,000 stranded people were not predominantly black.

How about getting off the high horse about how no other nations help the good ole US of A. A multitude of nations, including the people of Sri Lanka who are still recovering from their tragedy, have been and are sending help. Comments like those make Americans appear as self-rightous, self-absorbed ingrates...and justifiably so. Maybe some of us are.

I agree that people threatening or harming others should be shot on site and I'd be happy to do it myself. But what is likely no more than a few hundred thugs is no reason for this country to leave 50,000 to die of lack of food, water, shelter, and basic medical supplies for 4 days after a predictable outcome of a storm with plenty of advance warnding. Also, just because they are poor or elderly or black, doesn't automatically mean they don't pay their share of taxes and are all complicit in stealing cars off dealership lots or looting TV's.

The federal response to this, a predicted and darn near obvious disaster, for which we had 4 days advance warning is simply inexcusable. Michael Brown, FEMA director, says they were prepared and acting, but "the flood waters hampered our plan". Excuse me, but what were they planning for? Maybe he was accidentally reading the wrong chapter in the disaster preparedness book.

Really. :roll:

90XJ: I don't intend to get personal nor do I hold a grudge with you...you have a right to your opinions. I just hope you might recognize how self-righteous and borderline racist your comments and their implications appear.

90Xjay said:

I agree with 90Xjay on this one..... if they aren't elderly or handicapped (within reason) they should be "Hired" to clean up...... He he, JOBS right there. I realize some people aren't physically capable of doing strenous things but there has to be some kind of light work they could be doing

The local appartments here in Austin are offering 2 months free rent to those from the storm, the Wal-Mart that Mrs.Punk works at is sending all of the opened usable goods to the storm victims!

just got her muddy for the first time! pics and video :)

SPecial_K wrote:
90XJ: I generally don't get personal, but I find your comments, quite honestly, pathetic. Sparky: You say this has nothing to do with race...I find it hard to believe that 90XJ's comments about the "working man" (wink wink) and the "they" vs. "we" would be so laced if the crowd of 50,000 stranded people were not predominantly black.

You chose to bring race into this topic. I did and will not. People are just people, period. Don't go there, I will not follow you.

Special_K said:
90Xjay said:

likely no more than a few hundred thugs is no reason for this country to leave 50,000 to die of lack of food, water, shelter, and basic medical supplies for 4 days after a predictable outcome of a storm with plenty of advance warnding. Also, just because they are poor or elderly or black, doesn't automatically mean they don't pay their share of taxes and are all complicit in stealing cars off dealership lots or looting TV's.

The federal response to this, a predicted and darn near obvious disaster, for which we had 4 days advance warning is simply inexcusable. Michael Brown, FEMA director, says they were prepared and acting, but "the flood waters hampered our plan". Excuse me, but what were they planning for? Maybe he was accidentally reading the wrong chapter in the disaster preparedness book.

Really. :roll:

90XJ: I don't intend to get personal nor do I hold a grudge with you...you have a right to your opinions. I just hope you might recognize how self-righteous and borderline racist your comments and their implications appear.

You Sir, are the one who appears to draw lines in the sand. You've been listening to the likes of Rev's. Al and Jesse too long.

90's post was in no way as you describe, and I am disgusted that you throw down that race card BS because of it. You and your comments are fuel to a fire that is tearing our country apart. Sad part is you are the self-righteous one and you don't see it.

No matter if NO is predominantly black, white, latino, or martian his comments would be the same. He was expressing his disgust in people, not of a CERTAIN TYPE of person.

Damn that stuff burns my tail.

Oh, and by the way...

4 days notice? It is the State's job (you know that local government supposedly run by it's citizens) to take care of itself. It is also their job to let the feds know if they cannot accomplish that task.

A cry for help to the tune of:
"We're going to lose our entire city in 4 days. Please get all people out ahead of time, and since we will be totally inept in assisting it is all on you. By the way, all of our able bodied citizens and equipment will be waiting for your arrival. Bring food, clothing, blankets, and transportation for over 50K people."
may have helped, but you gotta admit it's a big request on 4 days notice.

Why do so many speak of the government as a seperate entity from themselves?

TwistedCopper said:
You Sir, are the one who appears to draw lines in the sand. You've been listening to the likes of Rev's. Al and Jesse too long.

90's post was in no way as you describe, and I am disgusted that you throw down that race card BS because of it. You and your comments are fuel to a fire that is tearing our country apart. Sad part is you are the self-righteous one and you don't see it.

No matter if NO is predominantly black, white, latino, or martian his comments would be the same. He was expressing his disgust in people, not of a CERTAIN TYPE of person.

Damn that stuff burns my tail.

Well put, Harry. My reply was a profanity-laced tirade the likes of which the "Z" has never seen before! Glad you put it better than I would have....

Well, ole 90 did have a race-related incident just a few days ago. :cry:

I spilled my soft drink while watching the Nascar race in California.

RE: JEEP RESTORE IS DONE!

How 'bout this guy... refuses to leave his home where there is no food, no work, environmental hazard...
image-missing.png

There are many like him. I can understand the willingness to not want to leave while there may be hope, but these folks need to wake up and smell the sewer.

90XJ:

I just went back and reread your message with, to be honest, the initial intent of defending my point. However, I have to admit that I cannot defend my points accusations above as I expected.

I did react much more abrasively than your message justifies and I'm now wondering why and how I could have interpreted it so differently when I read it the first time. :?: I am not one to see everything through a lense of injustice and I am much more often arguing the other side of the issue (when someone comes across as hypersensitive) on an issue of race or many other things. In this case, for whatever reason, I was the one who interpreted the message through a filter that substantially miscolored my perception.

*** Soooo, my sincerest apologies for the accusations. ***

Twisted & All: Sorry for the artificial controversy. We all error and I will admit mine in this case. :oops: I'm just trying to figure out how I could have seen the post so differently upon reading it at first.

With that said...

Given this and my post from a week or two ago (i.e. the one that no one understood) maybe I need a vacation.

Twisted: Now, you and I have debated a lot, so in the event you are relishing, dancing, singing and celebrating in my in my being wrong, go ahead and enjoy it now 'cause those events are few and far between. hehehehe. :wink: Afterall, I'm not self-righteous, just mostly right. :lol:

Friends?

RE: TJ Electric Fan Conversion

Obviously that dude doesn't have the SENSE or the TV to tell him that the water now contains E. Coli and many other diseases and bacteria. DUH.

What craziness! I can almost sympthaize with someone not wanting to leave thier home but in that situation creeping up to his couch, that is just insane.

That is so unsanitary and gross I don't know HOW he can sit there and stare into space no matter how lazy or zoned out he is.

I read pretty much the people left (if not stranded still) are the druggies, mental patients, etc. You'd have to be in one of those catagories to sit there on that sofa like that and other pictures I've seen of people still there.

I feel so badly for all the rest of them though, far from home and disconnected from loved ones, pets and all that. God Bless them all.

Lady

Back