Keepin' (the top) clean

MrPistol

Okay, we all inevitably wash the top. What's the best?

Reliable spray cleaner, Vinylex, Raggtop??? Which ones am I missing? [addsig]

I spray it down, wash it with car wash by section

Finish it with a vinyl protectant

watch the windows, use a special plastic cleaner on those only[addsig]

Actually now that you mention it, Quadratec has a good deal on window cleaner for soft windows. Its about $4 a bottle, and mines in the mail.

check it out.[addsig]

Bought the meguires plastic cleaner "system" for the windows. Just wondering what I should use to keep the top lookin' like new?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I use the reliable spray cleaner with a soft brush on mine. It gets the mud stains out and leaves it nice and black. The stuff also works great on tires and rims. gets the brake dust off the rims and leaves the tires black and the letters white. I buy it online at Reliable online they also sell the plastic cleaner. Hope this helps

eastcoastoffroad.com[addsig]

I have gotten some pine tree sap on my new top and have no idea how to get it off, any ideas??????[addsig]

For pine tree sap use a degreaser it'll come right off, just be careful not to get something that is going to damage the vinyl i.e. brake cleaner. Probably one of the best things I can think of is WD-40. I'm in the Army and have gotten tree sap on my uniforms and I spray a little WD-40 on it, let it sit awhile, then wash em, they come out clean and it hasn't screwed up my uniforms so I doubt it'll screw up your top. Try it on a test area first though to be sure (I like to use my buddy's TJ for testing products!). Hope this helps.

--Mike[addsig]

Back