Last person to comment wins $20

Keep it clean everybody (pun intended).
We want to keep Jeepz.com a friendly and respectful place. Please only post things that would be fine for kids or your employer to read.

Anyone an iPhone guru? I have a griffin 10' charger and the iOS has started the 'this accessory is not certified' crap. The phone started displaying the message before I downloaded the latest iOS, which means that isn't the problem. I've looked online for fixes, but all I can find are related to iOS 7. I tried a couple and they didn't do squat.

Anyone an iPhone guru? I have a griffin 10' charger and the iOS has started the 'this accessory is not certified' crap. The phone started displaying the message before I downloaded the latest iOS, which means that isn't the problem. I've looked online for fixes, but all I can find are related to iOS 7. I tried a couple and they didn't do squat.

Steve Jobs reaching out from the grave....he wants your money.

There is an IC chip in the lightning connector if it fails you could charge but not doc. The only other issues for I-5 is poor connections at the USB, bad USB port, not unlocking the. Phone or not trusting the PC.

Oh and many of the $5 power cords have no IC chip.

Last edited:
I'm plugging into an outlet. It has worked without a problem since Xmas. I unplugged it Sunday afternoon. When I got home Monday morning, it no longer worked. No changes during that 17 hr break, at least not that I can think of. The cord just laid across the night stand until I picked it up to plug in the phone. The apple cord works just fine. 😞

It is possible the chip failed in that time period. Hate to say it, but, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Back