leaf spring installation

Jerzejeep13

I am installing new stock front leaf springs on my 89 YJ. I have the spring in place, pivot bolt and shackle bolts are in. When I lower the axle jack, i can't get the U bolts to line up into the spring plate. Need help.

The pin on the bottom of the spring has to line up with the holes on the axle perch, the axle needs to be on a jack and when you raise the axle up you push, pull, and wrestle that axle till the pin is in the hole, then you attach ubolts on and you should just have to give them a little tap to line up. I hope you bought new ubolts and new bolts for springs because they should replaced when doing this job. Good luck and keep us informed.

The pin on the bottom of the spring has to line up with the holes on the axle perch, the axle needs to be on a jack and when you raise the axle up you push, pull, and wrestle that axle till the pin is in the hole, then you attach ubolts on and you should just have to give them a little tap to line up. I hope you bought new ubolts and new bolts for springs because they should replaced when doing this job. Good luck and keep us informed.

Thanks for your help. Yes, I bought all new hardware. Still wrestling with it now. Let you know the outcome. Fighting 50 mph gusts of wind too!

Thanks for your help. Yes, I bought all new hardware. Still wrestling with it now. Let you know the outcome. Fighting 50 mph gusts of wind too!

Oh and quick question. Would both wheels being off help to aligne the axle? One side is already done. This side is giving me the problem

Back