Leakin TC

WranglrWhat94

Just not a CJ kind of guy!

Ill try to explain this the best I can. I need a lil help trying to figure out whats wrong........

I have a 94 YJ with stock everything and to a certian degree ive always had a very small amount of fluid leaking from my transfer case, right where the slip yoke goes into the back. Nothing major just a drip here and there. And just recently its been getting heavier. Leaving it over night it will make a small puddle on the ground. What i wanna know is there a seal or something that can be replaces or whats going on. ANY advice will be greatly appreciated! Maybe i can talk my parents into buying a SYE and a new CV drive shaft as the ONLY :wink: way to fix it. It will be a lil preperation for my up coming lift. Thanks alot everyone

Oh and as a side note which lift do you like better.....Rubican express standard 4in or the BDS 3.5in.....im having trouble deciding, i hear alot of good about both

3.5 Rough Country from followmyrutz.com and have a bunch of money left over for other goodies. You have seen it on the trails and there is nothing wrong with this lift. tug

i just bought my 3.5 bds off of east coast off road, was very happy with there price and delivery charges, but i havent installed it yet. BUT the kit did come very complete, with disco's and all....

I would go BDS over the RE standard duty. The RE extreme duty is probably the nicest kit I know of, but it will cost you if you can afford it. I'm really pleased with my BDS suspension, and would definately buy it again.

Hey thanks alot guys for the lift advice!

But im still lookin for some advice on the transfer case the leaking is getting worse and i really dont want to take it somewhere to get fixed. Id much rather do it myself. Anybody ever have this problem before or know whats going on?

It's the transfer case rear output seal, easy to replace. Remove the rear driveshaft and pry the seal out. Take it with you to the parts store, it'll have some tiny numbers stamped in the metal they will use to cross reference. You may want to take your driveshaft with you and make sure the new seal fits properly, there are some that won't quite fit right.

Cool the new seal in the freezer for 5 minutes prior to installing, it will shrink and tap in easier. Use a little RTV silicone around the outside of the seal where it goes into the transfer case.

Back