Lifted VS Stock

First off, I refuse to make an attack on G, he responded to a post that he didn't understand (most likely due to the fact that I didn't fully express my thoughts).

I think we all need to calm down a bit and not let the old which came first, Chicken or egg debate split us all up again. It's going to be a matter of personal preferance, or as Tug said neccessity. Either way, a lift does not make one Jeep BETTER than another, only different. It all depends on what you use your Jeep for. Weekend toy, daily driver, so-so trails, or Moab style. Different terrain calls for different mods (don't REALLY need a 10" lift for surf fishing on the beach lol, but it might be fun to have).

I use my stock Jeep for having fun and I push it to it's limits every weekend. I think My pics speak for themselves. All of those pics are of my completly stock 99 TJ right down to the stock street GSA's. The bottom line is I HAVE FUN !!!!!!! If I'm wrong then I'll let you all know right now, that I intend to be wrong alot.

Now, as for the "affording a digital camera" remark. I won't get into childish squabbles about what I can or cannot afford, of justify a statement like this with alot of wasted time. I just wanted to let G know that yes, i could have gone with a spacer lift and 31's and would have had it done a year ago. But I sat down, thought about what I wanted to do with my Jeep, the terrain I would be crawilng over, and decided that that would be a waste of money, so instead I saved until I could do what I wanted. A 4" BDS lift, steering stabilzer, multi stage shocks, Disco fronts, welded T-case bracket and 33's on new rims. This will be going on this weekend and more pics will follow. It's taken awhile because I've had other expenses to contend with (I'm a single father of a very high maintenance 15 year old daughter lol).

I hope this answers your questions, and hopeffuly diffuses a bad situation.

Oh...btw...the camera was a Christmas present from my parents about 3 years ago...pre-Jeep.

Rob[addsig]

Let's see some pics Rob! I'm stock (so far!) and love it. I would also love to get 31's and a small lift but with two children under 3... it just does not happen that quick!

A Jeep is a Jeep! This site is called "Jeepz.com" not "LiftedJeepz.com" or "StockJeepz.com"! We are all lovers of Jeeps. That's what keeps this site going!Can't we all just get along? :-D [addsig]

I used to wheel the hell out of my jeep when it was stock. When I bought it I had the mentality of being unstoppable (also the fact that I am 21 yrs old hehe). Anyway my first day of having the jeep I took it wheeling along with my friend in his jeep and almost immediately got high centered going over some rough stuff. I was like hmm...oh well. My friend pushed my jeep off with his and we continued on. The though hung in my mind and so I wheeled my stocker more and saved my pennies.

Now I have a 4" suspension lift and 31's. Let me tell you this I can go a LOT more places than my friend can in his stock jeep. We don't do much wheeling together anymore I guess because I show him up too much hehe (mainly we both work all the time so we have little free time). Stuff that he scrapes and snags on I just bounce right over. I don't think that a lift will make you a better wheeler...the only thing that will do that is EXPERIENCE.

For the most part I think wheeling in my stock jeep was sometimes a bit more fun

because I actually had to work my way around obstacles instead of just easily climbing right over them. Of course there really isn't too much close around my area that can put my lifted jeep to the challenge. I need to head on up to the mountains so I can find some better places to wheel.

I think you said it all. Thanks for the feedback.[addsig]

I just think that we can all get along due to the fact that we are all one big happy family.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

one big happy family
Nobody fights like brothers just never try to fight my brothers! It is ok to not always agree and no way are we or any other groupe of folks this size going to get along. If we all agreed to the same things always then there would be no need for this site ot all them companys that provide us the mods we all want. We are a big ol family and we can disagree from time to time but I will stand for any of you that are in need. all my brothers and sisters around here drive Jeeps. Tug[addsig]

I dont know about any chickens, but i do know that the few times ive gone wheelen with my stock TJ the only time ive had troube is when i get hung up. Bigger tires and a small lift are def in my future.[addsig]

Back