Loud pop when taking tight turn

west747

I almost always hear a loud pop coming from the driver side( cant tell if its front or back) when i take a tightturn...i took out the sway bars front and rear...all i can tink of is broken body mounts or the track bars...any ideas? thank guys i know this must sound like a pretty simple problem but any ideas would be apperciated. chris[addsig]

have you checked your anti-sway bars...?...usually this would happen in both left in right turns...but hell worth a shot...check bushings and mounts...all i can think of for now[addsig]

yeah i took both anti sway bars out aLREADY...MORE FLEX DONT YA KNOW...LOL
image-missing.png
yeah i think it is prolly a body mount cause it only happens on tight right turns..[addsig]

wow, no sway bars and taking tight turns still???...Yj's must be nice...my cj would roll in a heart beat under those conditions....haha...but umm...check all your bushings...could be your body mounts, but i'd doubt it...take a crow-bar and pry lightly under all of em and let us know what you see...but i would think it's in your suspension somewhere...[addsig]

My YJ would do the similar thing on occasion, and come to think of it it normally did it turning into my driveway which is a right turn, havent heard it for a while never really thought anything of it, let me know what you find out.[addsig]

I get the same thing when I back out of my driveway. If you find what it is let me know? I've been trying to find it for years. I finally gave up. If it stills steers whats the problem.[addsig]

Is it a tool rolling around in the tub, I found a 3/4" socket that way. Took me about 3 days to figure that one out.[addsig]

lol..i wish it was just a socket rollin around in the tub...i am almost positve it is a broken body monut cause i found one of them on the frame that is bent ......gonna take the body lft off any way...dammit i hate fighting with seized bolts..oh well it is a jeep..[addsig]

Hey west 747 I have the same problem. Is it doing damage to keep driving it under these conditions?[addsig]

If you were to keep driving in a tight turn, i.e. parking lot, would it keep doing it, or does the Jeep have to return to center to do it again? If the Jeep has to be going straight again I would suspect that a body mount is broken and the remainder of it is rubbing back and forth when the body is forced to the side on the turn. But since you are doing all the mounts anyway, just check then. Let us know so we know in the future if it happens to any of us....[addsig]

ycorrect bbj...the pop only happen after the jeep straightens outs...i wont be able to find the time to take off the body lift for a little while...but when i do i will report on whether or not that pop persistes. As for the damage...i dont see any visable sign or feel anything in the steering or body roll...so i would have to say that there is no long term damage from this...thanks for all the input guys...chris west[addsig]

Back