make it more interesting? rims

Branjmb

so my 92yj has those rims that you can barely call rims... I have a pic of a jeep just like mine below.....

what if i spray painted them with heat resistant paint Black? I know a friend who has done this and it looks GOOD, not like sketch/ricer....

thoughts?

I just don't like the silver/ and the rims in general--

Attachments

• 1992-Jeep-YJ1-regina-bwrb1.jpg
    1992-Jeep-YJ1-regina-bwrb1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 7,543

I've seen it done a lot, looks a LOT better. You don't need heat resistant paint.

and I always liked those rims on a yj. I'd paint them white or machine gray, but thats my taste, everyone and their brother has black rims.. I'd go something different.

Black works well and easy to do with the tires on the rims (overspray blends into the black of the tire). Easy touch up too!

Larry

clean with a good solvent sand them good , tape and mask them , spray with etching primer lightly scuff spray same color as jeep and clear coat
002-1.jpg

black is to boring

clean with a good solvent sand them good , tape and mask them , spray with etching primer lightly scuff spray same color as jeep and clear coat
002-1.jpg

black is to boring

i do actually like the red you have on those rims!

but im also a huge fan of black on black on black. haha

i have done black and it gets boring after a while. where as my gold rims always got attention on the red bmw.

I love those rims! I'd do them black or olive drab. Though, I've got plain black steel rims and I've always wanted to put some cheap PepBoys spinner wheel covers on them. :)

FYI - don't listen to any of my advice as I am on m y 3rd (soon to be 4th) glass of wine tonight. :)

Back