might have to sell :(...

Abutterfly

Hi everyone. Hey I wanted to get some input here. You all know I haven't had my beloved too long.... and I just learned to drive stick.....AND my clutch knee hasn't been so good lately. Actually, it sucks. The only thing I can attribute this problem with is stick. So, I am going to the Orthopod this Wed. for some advice and see what the heck is going on. I have a feeling he is going to say get rid of that stick and get AT. :cry:

Okay, my question is this.... how do the condition of your Jeep and the extra top/doors .....and the fact that this Jeep has been treated like a baby and never been beat or offroad affect how much I wanna ask for it? I know what the blue book value is.. but I have another top/full soft doors. Maybe like a few hundred bucks or what? Or not really at all? I can't trade it because they will rip me the hell off and I can't afford that. I don't need to make a profit.. I just want to move on and get ANOTHER JEEP 8)

Just wondering if anyone had any input. Would the price be the same for the same one that was whooped off road or what? What do YOU people look for in a Jeep... I don't have any fancy mods or anything.... I have the cream-puffiest Jeep around... and I haven't had a drop of water in it since the one time we had that 6 day stretch of rain. I don't know if my soft top wasn't right or what, but knock wood, so far so good. I know most of you guys want something you can mod to the high heavens and romp off road with, right? Ladies?! Where are you?? Input please.

I think if the doc tells me to sell this one.... I will break down and cry. I love my Jeep.... I still go to the window and just stare at it outside :p This morning it's all quiet as no one is awake yet... not even the sun. I peeked out the window and there she was.... YEAH!!!!! I parked out front last night instead of in the yard. I sat on the porch last night and just looked at my Jeep.... it's at a different perspective now, you know...... I said DAMN! You rock, baby!!!!! Mama LOVES YOUUUUU! You are schweeeeet!!!.. Then my hubby came to the door and said WHO IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING TO???!!! HA! No he didn't... silly.... I was just THINKING these things.... I am not THAT crazy!!!! I know, perhaps I am insane... insane with love for my little Jeepy!!

I finally sold that Explorer of mine yesterday..... perhaps I should have waited. NOT!!! So long FORD! Don't let the door hit ya in the A**! I moved up to a MOPAR!!!! HA!!!!! I will NEVER be without a Jeep... ever... ever... unless I get old and fat and I can't hoist myself up in there.... :purple:

So that is what's going on.... sitting and waiting for the word that this my Jeep has to go to someone with a good knee!! Maybe I am wrong and it was that sex injury that blew my knee out and not the Jeep......!!!! Keep your fingers crossed! :p

Take it to an off-road shop and see how much it would be to convert it to automatic. They might know of someone that has an auto that would bolt right up for your Jeep without having to get crazy with adapters. I'm swapping out my stick for an auto so my wife can drive it. And I'm just tired of having to shift. :)

Abutterfly said:
Hi everyone. Hey I wanted to get some input here. You all know I haven't had my beloved too long.... and I just learned to drive stick.....AND my clutch knee hasn't been so good lately. Actually, it sucks. The only thing I can attribute this problem with is stick. So, I am going to the Orthopod this Wed. for some advice and see what the heck is going on. I have a feeling he is going to say get rid of that stick and get AT. :cry:
:p

Sounds like you have been bitten by the jeep bug BAAAAADDD. I was 20 somethin when I sold my first jeep a 79 CJ5, I was sick:cry: and wanted another jeep so bad, I heard the phrase "once a jeep owner, always a jeep owner" and it's true I am curently on my third Jeep:D . What is the blue book on your rig? What year and is it four or six cyl? And where are you located? I have a few good friends that deal in new and used jeeps only I will try to get an honest answer for you, oh yeah and what's ur mileage?

I am a 2000 Sahara... 2 tops......2 sets of door. Great shape with no dents/dings/ never been off road... Takes water like the Titanic when it rains.. HA! No, it did one time and I think my soft top wasn't on right. 5 speed 6Cyl......Just rolled 98K which is a tad high for 2000 but the value I saw was around 9500 with one top/doors. I don't know if the other doors/top really affect the value or not. OH, I forgot to mention the sub-woofer the size of a trash can in the add-a-trunk :purple:

Abutterfly said:
I am a 2000 Sahara... 2 tops......2 sets of door. Great shape with no dents/dings/ never been off road... Takes water like the Titanic when it rains.. HA! No, it did one time and I think my soft top wasn't on right. 5 speed 6Cyl......Just rolled 98K which is a tad high for 2000 but the value I saw was around 9500 with one top/doors. I don't know if the other doors/top really affect the value or not. OH, I forgot to mention the sub-woofer the size of a trash can in the add-a-trunk :purple:

Where are you located? And how much would You like to get from it?

JeepcrewX5 said:
Sounds like you have been bitten by the jeep bug BAAAAADDD. I was 20 somethin when I sold my first jeep a 79 CJ5, I was sick:cry: and wanted another jeep so bad, I heard the phrase "once a jeep owner, always a jeep owner" and it's true I am curently on my third Jeep:D . What is the blue book on your rig? What year and is it four or six cyl? And where are you located? I have a few good friends that deal in new and used jeeps only I will try to get an honest answer for you, oh yeah and what's ur mileage?

I'm on my 3rd as well.
1-78 CJ7, 1-97 TJ, 1-89 YJ

JeepcrewX5 said:
I heard the phrase "once a jeep owner, always a jeep owner" and it's true I am curently on my third Jeep:D .
first a 92 YJ (modified, daily driver - sold to buy the XJ)
then a 2000 XJ (modified daily driver)
then a 1988 YJ (bought, painted, then sold within months)
then gas prices went through the roof, sold the XJ
now a 91 YJ (NOT a daily driver)

It's not a bug, it's a full blown disease.

Back