Mirror Laws and Solutions?

ecirpleinad

Full doors on a 1999 soft top... Looking for an easy way to run doorless legally. Tried mirror-mover brackets, but the paint under the factory mirrors is seriously screwed up by the rubber pad and I'm a bit vain about the Jeep's appearance when it's all together. Kind of need a cheap and easy-to-remove (non-permanent) side mirror solution that I can just slap on when I rip the doors off. Also, do you have to have two to be street legal, or is it just on one side?
Thanks in advance[addsig]

you can order some mirror relocators from quadratec. These mirrors screw in to the door slot thingys and are pretty cheap. Hope this helps[addsig]

i always thought all you need was one mirror...in my case all i am using is my rearview mirror...broke both of the door mirrors off... :-D :-D [addsig]

The way most people drive you would never even know that they HAD mirrors
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I've seen someone with mirrors mounted on studs that just slip into the door hinges when your door is removed. I think he made them himself but doesn't look too difficult to fabricate.[addsig]

i'm working on a design to make a clamp style mirror.... when i getter finished... i'll get back to you on it.... shouldn't be tough[addsig]

Round these parts you only have to have the rearview on the winidshield, unless you have restrictions on your driver's license requiring outside mirrors.[addsig]

I looked at the links and dredged up info about door-hinge insert and clamp style mirrors... Looks like that might be the way to go. Might try digging up some old worn-out CJ mirrors and chopping them up to fabricate an insert-type mirror as well, sounds like a fun project. Thanks for the suggestions and comments![addsig]

seriously, i would just go get a big fat magnet... rig something up with that. don't mess around with clamps and such...[addsig]

I got a quick mirror I from Quadratec a few years back. It mounst in the upper door hinge socket. It coast about $50.00 a mirror, but you only need the drivers side to be legal in VA ;-) [addsig]

Back