Misconceptions you had as a kid

My biggest misconception was that the 3 months of summer vacation was way too short and the other 9 months passed way too slowly in between. That is only half right.....summer is still way too short, but now the other 9 months seem to pass by just as fast!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: oil drain plug

When I was a kid I always figured that if I ate the seeds from fruits such as apples, they would start to grow in my stomach.

I guess my biggest misconception came about when I was around 12 years old. I thought I would be a fully sponsored professional drag racer. I modified that misconception when I was about 20 and settled on the idea of just campaigning my own drag car by the time I was 30. I'm 29 now.....I don't think it's happening.

in grade 6 my friend thought the big "O" was the feeling you got, (like you had to pee or somthing) when there was a "hot" sceane in a movie or in a book... but that it was the same feeling.... damn am i glad she was wrong

RE: dana model 30...

Special_K said:
I thought the scrubbing bubbles would actually come out and clean the tub!! I talked my mom in to getting a can...you'd have never seen a kid so anxious to get home to clean the tub until then.

Boy was I disappointed. I sprayed then watched and waited...and waited........and waited. I was stood up by the scrubbing bubbles. :evil:

I don't think I ever got over that...damn bubbles.

ROFLMBO This is so FUNNY! Did you REALLY?

Lady

RE: Longevity:

88Wrangles said:
And, I thought that beer was gross and couldn't understand why anyone would drink it....I was wrong there too

Funny.. i'm still under that impression..lol

antsinmypants said:
in grade 6 my friend thought the big "O" was the feeling you got, (like you had to pee or somthing) when there was a "hot" sceane in a movie or in a book... but that it was the same feeling.... damn am i glad she was wrong

That's not what that is???

RE: Re: RE: Just bought a 95 Cherokee Sport, what

TwistedCopper said:
Believe it or not, I thought I'd never have kids.

Just think, if instead you'd have thought that you were never going to have money, you'd be a billionaire! :lol:

mingez said:
TwistedCopper said:
Believe it or not, I thought I'd never have kids.

Just think, if instead you'd have thought that you were never going to have money, you'd be a billionaire! :lol:

Hmmm... hindsight is 20/20 isn't it.

good one Mingez :lol:

RE: CJ5 Lift

My favorite one is that I could turn off the TV and finish watching the show I was watching later. Although a reality now.

My favorite is no matter how scared you were if you pulled the covers over your head in bed you were safe and actually felt better.

I thought the little slots in an outlit were for a perfect fit for a screwdriver... And I was right

I always thought it only took 15min. to get wherever my mom was driving (in most cases it did, no matter how far it was). I was always afraid of going in to a body of water by my self in fear of "JAWS", no matter how small or oscure the pool or pond (and I still am, JAWS is my "ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE"). My cousin thought if you were seated on the toilet and flushed you would get sucked down the "poop chute"

I always thought the Keebler Elves live in the woods behind my house.... they turned out to be squirrles, alot better tasting than elves!

Ragtopman said:

Hi,

Interesting thread. Ok, so some of the *big* misconceptions I had when I was younger were:

- that Microsoft makes good, reliable software
- that cars could only be powered by an Internal Combustion Engine
- that "Hertz" (Hz) was a unit for measuring the painfulness of an electric shock

LOL... luckily I know better now :wink: :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

XJNick said:
- that "Hertz" (Hz) was a unit for measuring the painfulness of an electric shock
ROTFSMP "rolling on the floor shting my pants" Good one though..... I still knda think that

Back