Misses and backfires when road is bumpy

I think it is the distributor, friend of mine has a ford f150 was doing simular things, replaced disttributor,problem solved.

I dont think you have a bad part somewhere. The fact that it only happens when you hit a bumps tells me something is loose somewhere. I wouldnt buy anymore parts, You state it runs fine sitting still or driving on smoother roads, if a part was bad it wouldnt do that, it would do it all the time. Something is getting jared when going over rough roads and loosing connection. Double check everything electrical under the hood. My dad had a similar problem but his would shut off on bumpy roads. On his the wiring harness that goes through the fire wall had a short, I moved the harness wires and it shut off, we just taped it up so they couldnt move around and it was fine after that. Look, double check and look again. Good luck

Thanks for the input i bought another car since i coudlnt get murphy to be reliable, when i get some fuel in her and fire it up i'll check, im thinking of tearing the whole dash off to get into the wiring and trace all of it. i'll check the distributor and the sensors the whole damn thing...

okay so i checked everything and its all in spec, sorry for taking soo long work caught up with me, and so i ran it out of gas in the drive to removed any and all bad gas from bp a while back and checked all sensors and flashed the computer properly by the key forward headlights on and off procedure, and then put new gas in it and it resolved itself. I had no idea what it was or what fixed it, but it runs fine now. thanks again for the input fellas best help i could have asked for. nobody around chi-town has any clue about jeeps hence why i come to you all, thanks again.

Back