More info on the Commander

mingez

Re: Ive searched for answers to spring over axle and cant fi

I know someone posted about this before, but I saw that Jason had written a pretty comprehensive article on this "thing."

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Thing's too big.

Here's Jason's take on it:
http://www.jeepin.com/news/commander/index.asp

and another:
http://www.grubbsauto.com/index.html?/jeep/commander

0859468j2006_001-4.jpg

I often times say to myself...You know what....I need room for 10. :roll:

all i can say is XJ WANNABE. its ugly as sin. i guess it'll work for some of them LA types (mostly hollywierd)

RE: extra extra read all about it

i think i saw one of them drivin down the road the other day, maybe it was just the new grand tho...

I have about a million negative comments I could post, but what's the point? It's just another step towards the inevitable.

Jeepers like me have cringed everytime something like unibody construction, or putting track bars with leaf springs, or aluminum chain drive Tcases, or IFS, or THIS thing have come out.....but I bet they sell alot of them. :roll:

They ARE in business to make money, they just won't make anymore of my money if it's going to be like this.

Y'know, I saw one on the road the other day on the I-696... I was wondering about it, because at first, I only saw the back end, it looked very much like the new grand... Then I saw it all around, I don't know, have mixed feelings... If it has the ground clearance, it could succeed well... I didn't notice how good it was on that... I am skeptical though, I really am, but for us 4 door hatchback drivers, it's this or the Liberty, not much to choose from... Not that I have anything against the Liberty, but I have never really seen one prove itself off road, where seeing an XJ blasting around on a trail is commonplace...

But it's the XK, younger brother to the XJ, so I will try to keep an open mind, and give it a fair chance :)

RE: Re: RE: Custom Built YJ

just another run of the mill yuppie SUV for the soccor moms with 2.4 kids.

yuk

ya well at least it's trail rated :roll:

RE: Re: Ive searched for answers to spring over axle and can

hahaha id love to see the trails that beast can take.... maybe a gravel road or 2

RE: Calico 4/30/05 - 5/1/05

Whata ya know they built a Jeepcalade! :cry: Will some please take this company away from these twisted nits? :x

RE: Mom takes kids for first swim of 2005!

Rubicon package????

RE: Times are changing and so is my ride

It might look good with some 44's under it to match that veluptuous body work. Sawzall anyone?

RE: A few Anniversary pics......

Looks just like a Range Rover to me. There's SOOOO many similarities.....I could write a book on them.

Back