Motor mount breakage!

chrisguerrero46

A month ago, I was driving along a bumpy mountain road when I heard a loud "CLUNK". Looked behind and didn't see any parts or oil so I figured it was a rock hitting my driveline or something. Well, half hour later, another loud "CLUNK" and this time the Jeep just shut down.:x Turns out the first clunk must have been the passenger side motor mount bolts shearing off and the second time it was the transmission mount bolts breaking.
Anyway, got it towed home and let it sit for the month of September (archery hunting was more important).;)
Now, last weekend I just got done drilling out my motor mount bolts as well as the two transmission mount bolts underneath the Jeep last weekend. What a pain in the butt, but I got them out and new bolts in. This weekend, installing the starter and distributor and will see if it fires up!

And which motor mounts did you get as a replacement? Personally, I am currently running Brown Dog industries, and those seem pretty much bomb proof (although they do transfer more vibrations to the Jeep).

And which motor mounts did you get as a replacement? Personally, I am currently running Brown Dog industries, and those seem pretty much bomb proof (although they do transfer more vibrations to the Jeep).
No cash for new mounts, and only the bolts broke so I'm just replacing the bolts. Sucks to be poor.

Back