Moving up a tire size?

Is 3.73 rare? Is that why it wasn't in the original possibilities? or did you just not think of it? I promise I'm not trying to point out faults, or cause problems. :redface:

To sum up what I have: 3.73 ratio. Inline 6. Manual transmission. 31" tires. No lift that I know of.

Thank you everyone who has responded to this thread.
Not rare, i just went in to the database to see the application choices and that wasn't in the choices.

Not rare, i just went in to the database to see the application choices and that wasn't in the choices.

Ah, okay, fair enough.

What are your plans for the Jeep? Would re-gearing be a possibility? And will you be wanting to go to larger than 33" tires in the future and a lift?

Good question, I honestly have no idea what I want to do... It's going to be a daily driver for awhile.. I do plan to lift it, but nothing to much for now..

A lifted 2.5L with 33's shoul dbe fine as a daily driver as long as you regear... Mine is dd...

not sure if 3.73s are rare or not. but you should be ok with 33. your in town mileage may suffer a little. you will lose some power but not to much. what are your plans with jeep? lots of wheeling or mostly street driving? that will determine if you need to regear lower or live with the 3.73s

for the year of your Tj you most likely have the 3.73. If you have a 4 Cly like I do, you will affect the wheeling capabilities severely. I wouldn't go any bigger then a 31" tire. Just my .02

Ok then, just stop been a sissy.:cry: Lots of info in a thing called Google n search. Try it sometime!:bootyshake:

Back