muffler ?

jeepguy46176

Well my muffler took a poop today. I was just wondering if a flowmaster was worth the extra $$ . Stock replacement 70$ installed and flowmaster 125 $ .

Thanks for any feedback
Nate

do it yourself... go to autozone and get a flowmaster and some muffler clamps and some adapter tubes and your in like fynn for less then 75 i bet

I ask for the 20.00 muffler, any make any model and make it fit. Even flowmaster wont warranty a smashed up muffler.

Aftermath

Do the flow master, They sound great.
I'd get it welded, most clamps will leak sooner or later.
Of course, Im no expert, I dont run any mufflers. HA!

[/url]http://www.geocities.com/limp_n2001/

check your local junk yard I talked to a guy that got a like new flowmaster off a wreck for 10 bucks! tug

yea just get something with a tube at each end, preferably one will be off center and shove it up, weld it if youve got the stuff to do it

I thought about just puttin a piece of pipe it there but that would probably be way to loud. I dont really want to get pulled over all the time. I think i am just going to get the flowmaster . They sound pretty good from what i have heard. I was just wondering if they actually gave u any more power.

they wont GIVE you power... if they did... i'd get 2 of them.. but we've been through all that talk before...

i have gone straight pipe... i loved it.. but the legal problems start to pile up... it is inconvenient to drive in top gear when the cops come around

I've got the Flowmaster 50 DeltaFlow on my '95 YJ 2.5L, sounds okay. Little too loud for my tastes, but I like the sound and cackle offroad. Probably sounds even better on the 4.0L engine.

The Flowmaster 50 DF is the quietest model they have according to thier website, I couldn't imagine having any louder. Maybe it's the 2.5L :roll:

I believe the Delta is the 3 chamber. I had the 2 chamber with 2.5" outlet. It was very loud, mostly due to the short length of tubing before it went into the muffler. The longer, the better.
The Flowmaster alone runs about $90. You don't have to worry about bashing it on a rock. A hammer won't phase it, they are stout.
I changed out and went with a Dynomax. It is throaty but a lot quiter. I think it was about $35 at Advance Auto.

I have a magnaflow on both my 4.0l and 2.5l sounds better on the 4.0

I got the flowmaster kit from Rusty's ... It was sounding good till' I cleaned out the Cat-converter ... now it sounds like an exhaust leak 24 - 7

I dont know how your jeep is set up but unless you have a performance set up and need the flowmaster extra air flow to ofset your extra air intake I wouldnt waste the money. I wouldnt spend the extra cash.

I think the darn coffee can exhausts are enough. i can't sleep at night because of these little punks redlining their civics in front of my dorm. If they put those things in their pipes I'm goin to be obligated to flex on their hood.

Hitch Haul for 2" reciever ~NJ

good greif, the farting muffler's have have now bored the ricer punks. Now they will be squealing mufflers :roll:

**sigh**

Back