my first wrangler

bluerubicon

just purchased a used 05 Rubicon. Probably had 20 or so Jeeps in my years, but this is my first wrangler.

Any advice on what to look out for concerning wear and tear. Jeep has 47k miles...automatic....apears to be in great shape.

Just thought I ask the experts.

thanks

just purchased a used 05 Rubicon. Probably had 20 or so Jeeps in my years, but this is my first wrangler.

Any advice on what to look out for concerning wear and tear. Jeep has 47k miles...automatic....apears to be in great shape.

Just thought I ask the experts.

thanks

How has it been used? Just highway or off road?

appears to be mostly hiway.

only thing i've noiticed so far is some tire wobble when the right front tire hits a hiway bump. Just replaced the stabilizer. I know that's not a true fix...but it's a cheap start.

Jeep spent it's first year in the army at a hospital in Hawaii. One year in Florida, and next in NC.

now it's home in SC

Lockers are not the best, make sure you stay up on service, and if avoid tires in excess of 35" I have seen a number of the factory locker explode when aftermarket chomo shafts are installed and people throttle out with a 35 or taller tire.

Lockers are not the best, make sure you stay up on service, and if avoid tires in excess of 35" I have seen a number of the factory locker explode when aftermarket chomo shafts are installed and people throttle out with a 35 or taller tire.

Wrong thread? :lol:

No right thread, the guy clearly asked for any advice on what to look out for concerning wear and tear. The factory lockers are not all that great when you start modding the vehicle.

Back