My Jeeps Gone!

dropseys

I know, but here's some more MC 2150 questions

Well, my XJ hasn't run since last Monday and everything appears t be ok. I have no ideas what it could be. I ended up calling the stealership to come get my jeep and take it in for repairs. So i get stuck using my wifes 94 Taurus. Well, on Sunday morning, 3rd gear and Overdrive stopped working. They want 1400 min to fix it the cars only worth like 2200. No more Taurus, so we're buying a new car. I hate shopping with stealers, sorry dealers. They usually hate me when i don't let them get over on me because i am more knowledgable about their prodiucts then they are. So we are getting a 05 Toyota Matrix for my wife. Nice little car with plenty of room for baby and wife. I soooo can't wait to get my Jeep back. Or i will be doomed to share a car with the wife for awhile. I have been waking up with cold sweats and ripping my short strands of hair out. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP!

Steering Question

So you are getting the Jeep back, right?? That's the most important part.

Well it's cool you're getting a new car too.

A new car, and the Jeep will be like a new Jeep too!!!

Must be a "WIFE thing", I am more than content driving a 15 year old truck everyday, but the wifey is getting Board with her 01 ZR2 blazer, so... Now I gotta save my jeep mod money for a down payment for her to get something new that is probably over priced!

Congrats on the matrix... toys will run for a long time!

CJ-7

Must be a "WIFE thing",

I don't think it's especially a wife thing.......I drive a '94 YJ and Mudman drives an 03 TJ. I really do like mine much better (sorry honey) and have been just remotely considering trading "up" for a CJ7- probably won't though- Little Red and I have been through a lot together. Mudman said I'd look pretty darn good in a Rubicon- but I just picture how good I'd look writing that check every month.

Must be a "WIFE thing",
I agree..everytime we get a new auto....guess who gets the "hand-me-down"? THEN...when I lifted the Jeep (That WAS hers when we bought it NEW)..suddenly she wants it back...HAHAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! :lol:

2.5l Yj 1995...leaking manifold caskett, should I replace?

Mudman said I'd look pretty darn good in a Rubicon-
To hear MUD talk about you, he always says your the kind of woman that would look good in ANYTHING...... :mrgreen: How your absolutly perfect..... That he doesn't know how he get along without you....that he wants a lift for the Jeep....you have the most georgous eyes......and your hair......to die for......

(OK MUD...i'll take cash plz!)

RE: 2.5l Yj 1995...leaking manifold caskett, should I replac

well the Stealership called and told me my fuel pump is shot and they want 835 smackeeroos to do it. Fuel pumps are like 150, but they want $400 bucks. I am having my Jeep towed home till i can find someone who can help me do it (i.e. no idea how, looking for someone else to do it, and i learn how). God i hate stealerships.

Good plan. I took my jeep to the stealership last summer and not only did they screw a lot of stuff up and break my windshield...in the process, they called me up and told me I needed a radiator flush for a mere...however many hundreds. They seemed a bit embarrassed when I responded with "really? that's funny 'cause I just had one done 3 weeks ago"...which I had. I can't stand stealerships. Give me non-dealer shop with solid mechanics anyday. :)

RE: Vacuum system problems

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
Mudman said I'd look pretty darn good in a Rubicon-
To hear MUD talk about you, he always says your the kind of woman that would look good in ANYTHING...... :mrgreen: How your absolutly perfect..... That he doesn't know how he get along without you....that he wants a lift for the Jeep....you have the most georgous eyes......and your hair......to die for......

(OK MUD...i'll take cash plz!)

Small bills O.K.?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: thanks.

DUDE!! I am so sorry to hear this. That is probably the same dealer that wanted 800 to fix my clutch. The parts are 175.00 themselves.

Lady

RE: Chat NOW...9 Pm MST

Sherwooooood like to never have to deal with them again. I got a quote today for new Bosh fuel pumpfilter, gasket, and the labor for $325.00 Where does the stealersh9ip think they can justify over $800 bucks? Thye tried to sell me a genuine Mopar fuel pump will be the best because its a mopar vehicle. Is it just me, or do you often do better buying aftermarket parts and pieces than factory made? I will go with a lower price. But on the other hand my friend lent me a 2001 Mercedez Benz E350 to drive until my truck is fixed. Not too much of a hurry................YET.

I know nothing of fuel filters, but glad you found someone to do it... Kinda bogus with the dealership thing... They quoted me 800 for a rear main seal, from what I've heard, I can do it in the comfort of my own garage...

When I first read this post, I thought your Jeep got stolen, I was freaking... Very glad that's not the case, hope you have it back soon.

RE: wanted transmission

LOL Saurian I was freaking too! I thought that was what he meant too and we live in the same town! I was like OMG a jeep burgler is in my town??

and 800 must be the token jeep dealer fix figure. lol My parts ordered FROM jeep (Frostrom-I refuse to give sherwood my money now) were 175.00 for the cluth kit and throw out bearing. I've found out no one even makes a performance clutch for an 03 with my transmission which frostrom says is a nvg2550.

I'm suffering badly though without it. I don't have another vehicle and have depended on family and friends for a month now. I'm hoping to get it back up before next monday night even if I have to pay someone to do it.

Heather

Dang, Drops!! That's highway robbery!!!! The Stealership I worked for last year was working on one of the other salesmen's Blazer, doing something minor to it, and dropped a hex bit down the intake. Fired it up and punched a hole in the piston. So, the lead mechanic comes out and asks John (the salesman) when he dropped the bit in the engine.....John was obviously livid, but contained himself quite well. He asked to see the bit, and when the mechanic showed him, it was all rusty and not even the same brand John has. He went straight home and got his set and showed the mechanic that they were all there, and that his were anodized black and clean. The stealership bought him a new engine....after trying to get him to pay for half of it. John has worked there for 20 years and probably made the dealership close to $15 million! That's just another reason I won't use a stealership for any work, if they treat one of their own like that......

Re: RE: Need stock spring part numbers

Yeah it is. So i go in to get my Jeep and since i wouldn't let them do the work they charged me $107 for dignostic fees. I asked them what their diagnosis was and all they could tell me was the computer said my fuel pump was the problem. I asked them what was wrong the fuel pump and they didn't know. Then they called me last night while i was at work and asked me if i was satisfied with their work. I laughed and said what work? Hooking a computer up to my truck and then charging me for an hour of diagnostic work then not being able to tell me what was wrong. Then i hung up on her.

OH, I DO like it when they call up a little later to see how they did... Were you completely satisfied? Well, let's see. You removed the CD changer, and charged me 50 bucks to do so, then call me three weeks later to let me know that it is done (because of COURSE it was out of warranty). I sit there in your waiting room for nearly two hours for the 15 minute job of installing it, which I then got charged for after it was finally done, only to find that it was installed upside down, and stopped working about a month later... So NO, I was not...

At least the second repair was warrantied, and after that delightful phone exchange, I was refunded 50 of my hundred bucks that I had shelled out for the install and uninstall, though still out the original repair fee...

Back