Need info on one that was dragged into my shop

cowboy80911

1000002588.jpg
have one at my shop in fountain co that came in and is hodgepodged together. Trying to find out the best way to find out what in the world it started out with and as. Client says 72 but vin says 77. It's got a v8 in it and manual 3 speed but I hear it's a gm engine and it has a ford carb on it. I've made it run and drive but I'm digging for info so I cantrack parts and get this guy happy hopefully. Any assistance is much appreciated.

there is no easy way to find out what came in it. jeep has changed owners so much that no one kept the records, it always seemed to me when trying to find info.

it would probably be better to take a picture of whats in the engine bay and what transmissions/t-case is on it.

tons of people swapped chevy motors in but i have never heard of anyone putting a ford carb on top of it. those jeeps could have easily come with a factory v8 from amc/dodge and people put ford carbs on those.

there is no easy way to find out what came in it. jeep has changed owners so much that no one kept the records, it always seemed to me when trying to find info.

it would probably be better to take a picture of whats in the engine bay and what transmissions/t-case is on it.

tons of people swapped chevy motors in but i have never heard of anyone putting a ford carb on top of it. those jeeps could have easily come with a factory v8 from amc/dodge and people put ford carbs on those.
Thanks when I get to the shop here in a bit ill get better pics and post anything I figure out.

Back