need yj to flex more! How?

olebluejeep

Got a 95 4" susp. lift and 3" body, plenty of clearance,but doesn't flex the way i want it (twisty!) what are some products or simple ways to mke it more twisty?
Just put the susp. lift on a month ago does that matter? [addsig]

Which brand of suspension lift? Some springs are just stiff and don't flex well, others need broken in, depends on the brand.

I'd suggest flexing the axles offroad with a lot of weight in the jeep. The springs will break in and flex more, but they may sag quicker. It's a trade-off and depends on what is more important to you.

Revolver shackles in the back would help, or check out the zig-zag from Nth Degree Mobility :-D [addsig]

You could add revolver shackles. They are shackles that open up giving you approx. 9 more inches of suspension travel (search for Teraflex's website, it'll tell you everything). You could couple them with the z-box which replace's the inner spring hangers. Some other easier mods are removing your sway bar and trac bars. You might also want to look at your shocks. I found that the shocks that were recommended for my size lift were actually too short. I bought a 2 1/2" suspension lift and the shocks for the rear are fine but I can actually fit 4" lift shocks in the front. The shocks that were recommended for the lift were actually limiting my suspension travel in the front. With your 4" lift you can probably fit 6" lift shocks in the front but don't quote me on this.[addsig]

I run my YJ with no sway bar or rear track bar, using only the front track bar. No problems here, works better with stiff leaf springs.[addsig]

Do you have your sway bars disconected???? :-? [addsig]

This is a new lift kit with less than 3000 miles
and do you have this much flex????

image-missing.png

:-O :-O :-O :-O [addsig]

Yes,rear one is gone and got quicky's in front i guess i need to take ole blue out in rocks a little more often to wear the springs down a little.thx for the reply![addsig]

I got 5" spring lift and a 1" shackle and I took it to a ramp the
first few weeks and would leave it parked there for a few hours
and rotate wheels each day and now I need longer break lines.... :-O [addsig]

Sometimes if you have your shackles to tight thay will not flex. :) [addsig]

Thats a good point mine move very freely....You might wanna check
that out too....Thanks JE420EP :-D [addsig]

Back