Neoprene in the Machine?

K-Phat

I'm fairly confident that this is OK, but I wanted to hear your guys thoughts on it. I have a set of neoprene seat covers for my TJ and they have gotten fairly dirty/muddy over the last couple of months (Yes! love the mud :lol: ) I'm thinking about running them through the washing machine to give them a bit of a cleaning. The thing is is this ok to do. And sould I dry them in the dryer or let them air dry? Later

Do they have a tag with dirtrections?

I'd wash them in a jumbo machine at the laundrymat and let them airdry.

Washing should be fine. COLD WATER!!!! and No Soap. The Aggitator should clean it. I would let them air dry.

when i wash my wet suit we just hose them down and if u really have to scrub them w/ a corse brush, so im sure the washing machine would work the same, but no soap. and just let them air dry, they'll be done in a short time and the heat from the dryer could be damaging
reggie

I know the Nissan Xterra seat covers don't tend to survive the wash. I would honestly skip it and hand wash them.

no advice from the snuggle bear here but rather a question. being an avid kayaker, when i place the yak on the rack, the juices from the river/ocean always end up in the seat. how do the neoprene seats/seat covers dry? i've heard positives/negatives about the amount of time it takes for them to recover from the baptism. thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn't put them in a washer. I've always just used a neoprene shampoo, brush and hose for my 7mil wetsuit. I guess if you're going to try it, I will second the cold water/no detergent.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :) Well it looks like I got some yays and nays so now I just have to decide what to do :? Thanks again. Later.

When I bought my Wet Oakle's, the shop I bought them from told me not to put them in the wash. I think because underneath the neoprene on my seat covers is a thin layer of foam which will probably rip if put in the washer. He told me to use that 303 protectant with the uv protection on them. Whenever they get dirty, I just spray some of this stuff and wipe the dirt stains away...works great. I can't remember who makes it but I don't think it's the stuff from Armor All but I could be wrong. I remember it has a blue and silver label on the bottle.

Back