New from southeastern ohio

BigBird04

Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself since I'm new here and all, I've been an avid jeep lover for quite a while. I used to own a 99 jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 spd 4wd, wife made me trade it off a few years back for a more "family friendly" car for her to drive and I've been regretting it ever since. Just recently we decided to get her back into a 4wd since we have a new house and the the road and driveway aren't going to be forgiving for a car. She now drives a 08 jeep commander. Then it hit me, you know, I kind of want to get back into a jeep again so I looked around sizing things up, ALMOST walked away with an 06 f150 but decided to back out at the last minute and boy am I glad I waited. The following week there it was, 2004 jeep wrangler 4.0 5spd 4wd in all it's yellow glory! Called them up and said I'd like to test drive it, the minute I took it down the road I fell in love. Going to be picking it up this Friday as long ad they fix the dreaded "death wobble", they claim it's the steering stabilizer because of the larger tires, we shall see. Anyways, sorry for the long post but I'm happy up be among feller jeeperz once more!

Welcome back to the family, we will forgive you for your selling of your old jeep, since you bought a new one lol.
When you get a moment do a quick search on Death wobble and see what are the common factors that allow it. Just replacing the Steering stabilizer will not fix the problem just mask it.

Thanks, yea I kinda figured that it would only hide he problem buy I did get under it and check for loose/worn parts. There weren't shy that I saw but will look again. I would have almost guessed it's caused by a too short of track bar. Also I did read the article on the death wobble, this was the first place I came to and read all about it heh.

Congrats on the Jeep!! I also just got back into a Jeep, like your wife after having a car! I doubt I'll own anything but again! :)

Back